Texas-Houston
Options

Venue Choices

Hello,

I have a question about venues in Houston, Tx. I have a list of three places so far and hopefully it doesnt grow any more.

-Ashford Oaks
-Ayva Center
-Old Humble CIvic Center

I really love Ashford Oaks but my fiance has an issue with the Ceremony set up. I'm trying to explain to him that that is something that varies from wedding to wedding but he won't budge. We are out of the state, living in Key West Fl due to his job and our wedding is planned for June 25th. I really want to book a location so I'm looking for any information or input anyone has on the above location or any others that you think are nice.

Budget is $10,00 maybe $15,000 depending on how much we can save
Guest: 100 max
Date: June 25, 2011 flexible long as it is at the end of June

Any information is appreciated. Thanks

Re: Venue Choices

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Humble Civic Center is nice. You just pretty much have to do EVERYTHING! So, at least it's a clean slate. I'd have the ceremony in one of the smaller rooms then ther reception in the big room with all the windows. Your budget should be able to make for a beautiful wedding there. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are tons! of others.. and many that will do a lot for you.  You will find many great venues for that price...another great place to help you see all of the great venues in Houston is weddingsinhouston.com.  My favorite, but a little outside of my price range is Villa Rinata.  For 10K-15K, I would also check out Belle Rose Mansion, maybe some vineyards in the area, bed and breakfasts, Briscoe Maner is gorgeous!, Majestic Metro, Ashton Gardens... Message me if you would like any more help/advice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BTW - I have done all of my research online so far - I have only visited Villa Rinata - You will be able to find everything you need online!  Let me know if you have questions about where to find things or locations or something! Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would recommend Ashton Gardens...Beautiful Venue
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know! and about that much, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ashton Gardens was going to be in the excess of almost $25K for a Saturday wedding. We also weren't pleased with the horseshoe shape of the ballroom. It seems guests would be split and couldn't even as much as see each other. It's definitely out of our budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards