Texas-Houston

Changed DATE!!!

So my FI and I were talking the other night and decided to push back the wedding another 5 months due to finacial hardships. We have already sent out our save the dates for wedding date (Oct.1). How do we tell everyone that the date has now changed??? Should I send out another save the date so people know and then make phone calls/email them? Do we do somethign different for new save the dates?? HELP!!

I feel so bad and had my moment of crying but soon realized that everything happens fpr a areason and I need to let what happens, happen.

p.s. FI found a awesome deal on a venue that is only $300 more than what we originally had planned so we are now changing that as well. None of the guests were really aware where we were going to have the wedding/reception so that is no big deal. Bridal party and family has already been told.

Re: Changed DATE!!!

• edited December 2011
    maybe send out another STD with a cute saying "good things come to those who wait" or something like that?
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We too had to change our wedding date after our STD's were sent out.

These are our originals, so we changed the date on the bottom and sent them back out. We put a note along with it being honest saying that some of our vendors had fallen through which forced us to change our date.

Nobody seemed to have an issue with it and our OOT guests were thankful that we fixed it so quickly.

Also, I feel your pain when it comes to changing the date. After our original date passed, we kept saying things like "Could you imagine trying to get all this together by the original date? No way!"

It will all work out so keep your chin up. :)
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards