Texas-Houston

hotel venues

hi! i was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a hotel venue. we're having close to 300 guests and live in the southwest side of houston. i don't want to go further out than downtown or memorial city.

Re: hotel venues

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hilton on 59 South. Went to a wedding there in Aug and it was very nice!
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The BlueBonnet Ballroom inside Crown Plaza Downtown accomodates 300 guests. Deposit is $1,000. Plated dinner includes rolls, salad, vegetable, champagne toast, 1 starch and entree of your choice, range is $30.95-54.95/person. They also have buffet option. For alcohol, they can charge per hour/person or drink. Wine by the bottle is $25/bottle.

The 4 Seasons has a ballroom that accomodates 200-600 guests. It's located on the 3rd floor, their menu choices start at $85/person. Their Sat package includes: cake, votive candles, BP changing room, suit for bride/groom that night, guest room for the parents of bride/groom, hosted bar for dinner/reception. On Lamar street downtown.

Omni Hotel by Galleria has the Grand Salon room that accomodates 300 guests. The Palm Court is next to the ballroom which overlooks the pool and waterfalls if you'd like to take pictures there or have ceremony in that area. Complimentary suite for bride/groom, they don't allow outside catering or alcohol.
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hotelplanner.com was amazing for me in finding hotels. I would set up an account on there and see what you find.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    When we looked at hotels we looked at ZaZa, The Omni, Crown Plaza Downtown, St Regis - we had a guest list of 300 as well
  • mpwdpwmpwdpw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have 281 guests we were expecting around 300.  We are doing our reception at the Crowne Plaza Downtown.  Darlene is very nice and helpful there. There is a cost to valet park there too and that's all they offer. it's $9 for the event i believe.
  • Maika15Maika15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions! Crowne Plaza was actually one I was looking at but the cost for parking turned me off. On their website it said $19 (I don't want my guests paying that much) but if it's $9, that sounds more doable. Another one I was looking at was the Marriott off of Beltway & Westheimer (the old Adam's Mark); I couldn't find very many wedding reception reviews on them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards