Texas-Houston

Catering, Linens, and Florists

Can you guys give me suggestions on what companies to look for?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Catering, Linens, and Florists

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • lealfrantzlealfrantz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not much help with the catering and linens, but our florist has been really good so far! We had a really really tough time finding a florist. However, we went with LZ Designs. http://www.lzfloral.com/index2.php#/home/ She is super sweet and I thought her prices were pretty reasonable compared to many others.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Plants N Petals for the florist and they also have linens. Abraham is so nice to work.
  • edited December 2011
    Catering: Ral's Fine Catering
    Linen: Grand Celebrations
    Floral: Always Floral
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I will look into all of these. I'm kinda on a budget about some things but we'll see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also recomend always floral :)
  • edited December 2011

I have heard about Always Floral several times and she's not far from where I live. I will have to meet with her. Is it too soon to book a florist?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_catering-linens-florists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:79896b83-9830-4e83-aa9b-147854b6dfebPost:3319f9b4-cbe5-474a-99cb-2b7b36d841d9">Re: Catering, Linens, and Florists</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have heard about Always Floral several times and she's not far from where I live. I will have to meet with her. Is it too soon to book a florist?
    Posted by cfdittrich[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope, it's not too early! Get your date booked before someone else does. And Sabrina is AWESOME!!!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    grand celebrations for linens.

I didn't have a florist.
  • lilmisstexlilmisstex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using Your Way By Kimberly. http://www.yourwaybykimberly.com/ She does catering, floral and she also rents decorations (linens, china, glasses, backdrops, etc) for reception venues so she is doing our catering and she has become our reception coordinator since we are renting everything from her (or from a vendor that she works with) and she is decorating for us.  She is also providing the DJ.  She does wedding cakes as well but Im still shopping around and may use somebody else for the cake. 

I have been very pleased with her so far (wedding isnt until August.)  She works out of her home, thats where her showroom is but all her large backdrops etc at in a storage unit off site, and the first time she met with us she spent 4 hours on a Friday night with us and we didnt end up leaving her house until 11pm!  The second time we met with her she met us at the reception venue so she could get a feel for it as well as sketch the layout and I had my mom with me (who wasnt with me when we met Kimberly the first time) and she invited us back to her house so my mom could see all that I had picked out.  She ended up spending another 4 hours with us that evening.  She is very patient, kind and wonderful to work with.  She offers package deals that are very affordable compared to all the other places I checked out.

• MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my linens from cvlinens.com.  It cost the same to buy as it does to rent and I plan on selling them afterwards.
  • edited December 2011

lilmisstex, thanks so much for your recommendation! I will definitely look into her. I just don't care to spend over $1000 just on linens... that seems crazy to me!

MissAngel, if I spend $1000 and BUY them, then at least I could get the money back... hopefully. Thanks for that idea. I will look into that as well!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Something Blue Events does linen rentals and floral designs. What kind of caterer are you looking for? I know several different cuzine choices.
  • Marlo AxtonMarlo Axton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with Sabrina at Always Floral this weekend! She is super sweet and I feel like she has reasonable prices! She is the first florist I have met with, so I may just get another quote to be sure she has the lowest prices. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I own a special events  floral and decor company in the Houston area, Inventive  Events. I work well with any budget! Please friend me on facebook to see my portfolio Dextor InventiveEvents Rodgers. My company provides flowers, linens, decor, props etc... I work only with fresh flowers. I have extremely affordable rates, and I provide excellent products and service. If you need more information please e-mail me at InventiveEvents@yahoo.com Thanks & congratulations on your up coming wedding!!! Inventive Events 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards