Texas-Houston
Options

New!

Just got engaged after 5 years! Going out this weekend to begin the hunt of finding a place. Engagement was a surprise - so I am not ready.
Help! Wanting to stay in the Galleria area or Katy (I know- totally different sides of town)
Any suggestions where to start?

Re: New!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Depends on your budget but I ve been looking around those areas. Some to consider Katy, Agave Road, Tuscany Villa, & country clubs. Galleria area, Courtyard at St James place, Villa Rinata, & Chateau Crystale. Just a few off top of my head. Hope it helps!
  • Options
    lizaliza2012lizaliza2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been "told" my budget yet. I thought I would shop around and then present what I found and go from there. For 100 people I was thinking around the $12,000- $15,000 range.
    After looking over some information I got from places I am a little stuck.
    I have appointments at Courtyard and Villa Rinata so far. Did you go to those places?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Courtyard's pricing was too steep for me. They don't have nice all-in price. There seemed to be lots of extra charges: food, valet parking, security, chairs, etc. I did not go to Villa Rinata.

I would also suggest The Gallery & The Patio on Mercer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our venue is the InterContinental near the Galleria. $5500 for 125 or so people. Basically, we are contracted to spend $5500 in food/beverage charges.

The Marriott in the Galleria area was our second choice.

Marriott Westchase is a location my FI's aunt has been to a few weddings there, and she said the venue was good. We didn't look at it because for our date it wasn't available.

We looked at predominantly hotel venues because pretty much all of our guests are traveling to Houston for our wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are at Maggiano's in the Galleria and they have been great so far.  OUr wedding is this May on the 21st so we'll let you know.  We are having 124 guests and the upstairs ballroom is incredible plus the food is great.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well - I went to Courtyard and the pricing seemed good, but I didn't really care for the ceilings, they seemed low in some spots.
    Patio on Mercer seemed too small for what I was invisioning.
    Two favorites so far are Las Velas and VIlla Rinata. Any thoughts?

Thanks Aquarian Dragon for the info on hotels - that sounds like a great price!
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations!

I've worked with Villa Rinata and they are wonderful!  Both Las Velas {formerly Paraiso Maravilla} and The Gallery are more of the DIY type of venues, so there is more work involved on your part {unless you decide to hire a planner}. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't afford a planner - but am not exactly a DIY bride. I was hoping a facilty would be there to help me with all of that. I am looking for one stop shopping.
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a one stop shop, have you considered a hotel?  Hotels tend to offer quite a bit.  I would still encourage you visit Villa Rinata {they tend to be all inclusive}.  Also, consider some hotels, the new Westin-Memorial Hermann offers some great deals.  Also, try the Marriott hotel in Galleria off the loop, or even the Hilton @ UH...it's newly renovated and they have extremely reasonable prices.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check with the hotels if you want a one stop shopping venue.  Also give Maggiano's in the Galleria a try.  Again, the ballroom is great and we are looking forward to having our reception there.  We are having 120 guests and the prices are great.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure I don't want to go to a hotel. And I do love Maggianos - but my friend had her reception there and I don't want to have it at the same place! :)
    Still on the hunt....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards