Texas-Houston

Goode Co?

We're having our wedding in December at the Gallery and thinking about serving Goode Co. BBQ...it's going to be an evening/somewhat formal wedding and I'm wondering if it's tacky or "Texas Chic". 

Re: Goode Co?

• Sounds delicious!  They have such great food! 

I am having a casual/not formal at all wedding, so this would be great for me!  And I love BBQ.  I'm not sure if it is really a "formal" food though since it can be messy to eat. 
  • sarahdactyIsarahdactyI member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I don't think it's "tacky" - but I'd agree with PP that I'm not sure how well it goes in a formal wedding. 

I have no idea but maybe Goode has suggestions for barbecue dishes that are easier to eat? 

Otherwise if it's what you and FI want, I say go for it, but be sure there are lots of napkins and tables so people can try to eat as cleanly as possible? It can be frustrating eating messy food in cocktail/dressy attire.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Everyone loves BBQ, and this is Texas. I think it's totally fine! We had BBQ with a mashed potato bar at our wedding, and everyone loved it. But I think it's important to either choose BBQ dishes that can be eaten with a fork (you don't want everyone with messy hands), or else provide wipes or something so the guests can stay clean. To be honest, I would much rather have BBQ or comfort food at a wedding than the usual wedding fare- the steaks and chicken dishes are always overcooked, cold, and generally underwhelming. 
  • Thanks! We decided to go with Goode Co. but now I have to figure out the logistics of getting china/silverware, bussers, and servers because they only do a buffet with disposable plates--frustrating! 
  • I think you should serve whatever you want...it's your wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards