Texas-Houston

Budget Wedding HELP!

We're getting married in late March 2014. Its going to be a small wedding, no more than 30 people. We have a budget of 3-5 thousand dollars for the whole thing. I have the veil and a photographer and I may have a dress (not included in budget). Does anyone have any ideas for venues in Katy/Rosenberg areas? I'd like to have an outside reception but I will be looking at indoor venues also. It can be wedding/reception or just a reception place I may go with a local Church for the ceremony.
Thank you for any help you can offer!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Budget Wedding HELP!

• I don't have any ideas in the Katy area but for something that small maybe a restaurant reception. Ouisie's Table has a beautiful garden outside so you could get married there and have the reception at the same place. I'm pretty sure they also make cakes and do the flowers as well. Might be worth looking into...hope that helps a little!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Thank you!! I'll look into it
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_budget-wedding-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:860c1986-7206-4499-a69b-4d479bd9be87Post:47554460-fd0f-4357-af15-73f69ebaecd6">Re: Budget Wedding HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have any ideas in the Katy area but for something that small maybe a restaurant reception. Ouisie's Table has a beautiful garden outside so you could get married there and have the reception at the same place. I'm pretty sure they also make cakes and do the flowers as well. Might be worth looking into...hope that helps a little!
    Posted by GypsySoul01[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Alternatively, if you wanted to get married outside, you could get married for free in a public park. You could rent a tent and chairs for fairly cheap (PM me if you want some recs, we rented some equipment from an events company) and you could really save a lot by doing it yourself. The Rainbow Lodge in Huntsville State Park is very popular, and there's a historic park down near Richmond / Sugar Land that I've seen in wedding photos on a couple photographers' blogs. You could even contact a couple photographers and wedding planners and ask if they could give any advice of free or very cheap outdoor venues in the area, they might be nice and give you a few ideas :)
  • I know brookwood is very affordable and it is in the Katy/Richmond area. 
  • Check them out I believe they are only $750. http://www.maydecreekmud.com/building/index.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    123: Invitedimage
    TBA: Attendingimage
    TBA: Declinedimage
    TBA: Not Repliedimage
    RSVP August 10, 2013
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_budget-wedding-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:860c1986-7206-4499-a69b-4d479bd9be87Post:d664ada2-91b6-471d-974b-86ef3af5d450">Re: Budget Wedding HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know brookwood is very affordable and it is in the Katy/Richmond area. 
    Posted by dkleinen[/QUOTE]

Brookwood is not in affordable. I recently inquired about their pricing and they charge $5k to rent the chapel and ballroom, and then there is a $4k food and beverage min.
  • Pecan Springs is in Brookshire right outside of Katy i found them very affordable. It also has an outdoor ceremony area. I will say weekdays will be cheaper and it does not include food.

• Not in Katy/Rosenberg area but you should take a look at www.TownHallTexas.com. 5 miles east of The Woodlands mall - brides come from south Houston and north Montgomery county to wed there. Great amenities (5 minutes from The Woodlands).  Rustic/western venue, 10 acres, 3,000sqft barn, 1.5 acre pond - 2 outdoor ceremony sites (1 is located on an island in the middle of the pond (seats up to 150). $6,498 for up to 100($15/ea after 100) guests for all day Saturday or $5,498 for up to 50. They are flexible and can work with you on the rate, etc. Although the barn only seats 150, they have 10 acres and an outdoor reception with DJ/dancing, buffet food line and bar served inside the barn would be amazing! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards