Texas-Houston

Loft wedding

Hi everyone!  I am looking for a venue in the Houston area and what I am really wanting is an evening reception somewhere with a ballroom, etc. on a high up floor in a building with lots of windows so that we have the skyline in the background.  ANY suggestions would be helpful and if you know the cost, that's even better!  Been looking so far but having a hard time finding anything on my own.  I'm wanting the vibe to be not necessarily super modern, but very sexy and fun, not your typical country club type venue. 

Thanks!!!

BTW - The only thing I've found that might work so far is the Petroleum Club.  Anyone have an experience there they could tell me about?  Prices, what's provided, your satisfaction, etc? 

Re: Loft wedding

• I had my wedding at the Petroleum Club - I'm sending you a Private Message with a link to my pics.  They are very accomodating and fit our budget, food was amazing, customer service was above and betond, I was extremely happy with them. Happy planning - let me know if you have any questions.
  • Thanks so much everyone for your input so far!  Anyone have any other ideas as to alternate venues I could look into as well?  The Petroleum Club does look very beautiful and I'm hearing great things, but I'm concerned that it still may have a little too much of the "ballroom" type feel for me... I'm wanting something a bit more modern I think.... Thanks again for your input!
  • Try the Grand Lobby of the Hobby Center.  It has a more modern feel than the Petroleum Club.  It's not on a high up floor, but has floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook downtown.  The view is amazing!  
  • Does Artista do the food for the Hobby Center?  They are amzing!  They wouldn't fit our budget but if we had less people we would have had a tough time choosing!
  • I thought of this today and had to come tell you.

The Grove in Discovery Green may be what you're looking for. Check them out here: http://thegrovehouston.com/weddings_redo.html

They have great views of the city and it's open air, no ballroom feeling.

Max capacity though is 90 people. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I love the Grove!  FI and I already toured it and might book it.

Also, try the Alden

Modern feel, but also kind of a loft with a great view.  It was a little too pricey for us (I think it would've cost closer to 15k.  Maybe worth checking out.

SaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards