Texas-Houston
Options

Bavarian Cakery TODAY!

Just as an FYI or reminder: the Bavarian Cakery is having their open house today from 2 -5. They will have their Bavarian Cheesecake (which is DEEE-LICIOUS and I don't eat reg cheesecake) as well as their traditional wedding cakes for tasting.

I am so excited; I may have to taste double b/c my FH won't be able to get off work early to go with me :D

8815 Solon Road Suite F-2
Houston,TX 77064

http://www.bavariancakery.com/

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

Re: Bavarian Cakery TODAY!

• Options
    icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow they are pretty far up there. i didn't know gessner even went that far. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The lady is not very nice or at least she wasen't to me. The only reason I'm using her is because they are included in my package. Their place is super tiny so I don't understand how they are going to have an open house.
  • Options
    csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm, interesting. I wonder how that will work as well. We shall see.

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree. Their cake is soo yummy. But the head lady isn't all that nice. They were also one of the bakeries that were offered in my venue package. I'm glad I got to use them for cake because it tasted so good, but wish there was someone nicer to work with.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I originally booked them.  They were included in my package as a preferred vendor too.  I had taken some pictures of cakes I "liked" but didn't want to look exactly like it.  But it did.  then they didn't make anything for FI. they told him to pick a picture and they would copy it. He wanted something original and told them ideas and they didn't want to do it.  Also--I was going to have the bavarian cream in the wedding cake but they said they couldn't do it because of the stacking of layers.  the whole point of using them is because of the great bavarian cream filling.  I thought the wedding cake was a way to have some fun and show some creativity?  I guess I was wrong.  so then I was having wedding nightmares that the cakes were too crazy circus looking (mine) and way to boring (FI's.) so I emailed her saying I cancelled but the email was sent back.  Then I called her very rudely she said I had to email her.  So I emailed again and HOPEFULLY she finally got the message.  I guess I should email/call her again so I don't have FOUR cakes on my wedding day. 

Agreed though--she isn't very nice.  I think that people should be so happy to work with a couple for their wedding.  I mean we are helping THEIR business!! The couple is under enough stress and just need stuff to run smoothly! 
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]I originally booked them.  They were included in my package as a preferred vendor too.  I had taken some pictures of cakes I "liked" but didn't want to look exactly like it.  But it did.  then they didn't make anything for FI. they told him to pick a picture and they would copy it. He wanted something original and told them ideas and they didn't want to do it.  Also--I was going to have the bavarian cream in the wedding cake but they said they couldn't do it because of the stacking of layers.  the whole point of using them is because of the great bavarian cream filling.  I thought the wedding cake was a way to have some fun and show some creativity?  I guess I was wrong.  so then I was having wedding nightmares that the cakes were too crazy circus looking (mine) and way to boring (FI's.) so I emailed her saying I cancelled but the email was sent back.  Then I called her very rudely she said I had to email her.  So I emailed again and HOPEFULLY she finally got the message.  I guess I should email/call her again so I don't have FOUR cakes on my wedding day.  Agreed though--she isn't very nice.  I think that people should be so happy to work with a couple for their wedding.  I mean we are helping THEIR business!! The couple is under enough stress and just need stuff to run smoothly! 
    [/QUOTE]
    WOW!  That's horrible!  I can't believe that.  I know Elaine well, but I guess she's at that point where she doesn't really care if you book her or not?

I agree everyone should feel happy and comfortable w/their baker!  I would definitely contact her and inform her that her email keeps getting returned.
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]I originally booked them.  They were included in my package as a preferred vendor too.  I had taken some pictures of cakes I "liked" but didn't want to look exactly like it.  But it did.  then they didn't make anything for FI. they told him to pick a picture and they would copy it. He wanted something original and told them ideas and they didn't want to do it.  Also--I was going to have the bavarian cream in the wedding cake but they said they couldn't do it because of the stacking of layers.  the whole point of using them is because of the great bavarian cream filling.  I thought the wedding cake was a way to have some fun and show some creativity?  I guess I was wrong.  so then I was having wedding nightmares that the cakes were too crazy circus looking (mine) and way to boring (FI's.) so I emailed her saying I cancelled but the email was sent back.  Then I called her very rudely she said I had to email her.  So I emailed again and HOPEFULLY she finally got the message.  I guess I should email/call her again so I don't have FOUR cakes on my wedding day.  Agreed though--she isn't very nice.  I think that people should be so happy to work with a couple for their wedding.  I mean we are helping THEIR business!! The couple is under enough stress and just need stuff to run smoothly! 
    [/QUOTE]
    WOW!  That's horrible!  I'm so sorry that your going through all that.  I know Elaine well, but I guess she's set in her ways and doesn't care if people book her or not?  Who knows!

Either way, I do agree that everyone should feel happy and comfortable with who they book!  I would definitely contact her and confirm she received the cancellation.  Have you already paid?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards