Texas-Houston
Options

NWR: College Station apartment recommendations?

Hi Ladies -
I'm going to be moving to College Station in August with my FI.  It'd be great if we didn't have to travel all the way to Texas, especially with our wedding being this May.  We've found a couple options that look good - the main one is called Caymen Crossing in Bryan.  Any helpful thoughts for me?  TIA!

Re: NWR: College Station apartment recommendations?

• Options
    tmodisettetmodisette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What exactly are you looking for? What is most important to you? Money, location, amentities, or luxury? I live in College Station so i should be able to help you!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I think I'm looking for a combination of affordable and nice-enough.  I really want a 2 bedroom and a washer/dryer.  And I think I'd like it to be pretty quiet.  I found a place called Cayman Crossing which looks pretty good.  I just have no clue about the neighborhood.  It looks like it's between Bryan and CS, very near N Harvey Mitchell Pkwy.  Not sure if that means much, but.... Thoughts? 
  • Options
    tmodisettetmodisette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That's not the best neighborhood. I would recommend staying more in College Station then Bryan. There's some very nice, affordable places around campus and a little further out. I would try going to aggiesearch.tamu.edu, they have a very nice list of apartments. Also, try looking at athomepm.com and twincityproperties.com for different options such as duplexs and things. I currently rent from athomepm and i really recommend them. Another great option is calling Aggieland Apartment Finders, they are a free service here in town that will help you find whatever you need! There phone is (979) 693-4900 and their website is aggielandapartmentfinders.com.
    I hope this helps! Let me know if you have anymore questions!!

• Options
    JCM10JCM10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP about the neighborhood. College Station utilities are more expensive than Bryan, but there's tons of affordable places in both places. Take a look at The Ridge (price includes cable and internet) or Campus View (new ownership...getting a lot better! It's all bills paid, including electric! It's about 1k a month for a 2 bed)
  • Options
    aggiejess2007aggiejess2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lived in Crossing Place off of Southwest Parkway when I went to school there. We had a 4 br/2 bath apt with washer/dryer that was completely furnished (couch, kitchen table, beds, dresser drawers, end tables, etc.). It ran about $400/pp, so $1,200 for the entire place back in 2007. We loved it there! We always felt safe and the apartment staff was very easy to work with. It has a nice pool, too! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards