Texas-Houston
Options

What flowers did you use?

So, our wedding colors are black, white, and red. A lot of people are suggesting I use roses, but I really don't want to. It isn't that I am anti-rose, but everytime Chris has given me flowers, they have been roses. I want something that is new and fresh to me on that day since it will be a new beginning.

I would really like to use tulips because I have a sentimental attachment to them, but I don't know if they will be in season in February either. I also have not seen any tulip bouquets that have blown me out of the water and made me think "WOW. I want that".

So my question is what flowers did you ladies use, or are going to use, in your bouquets?
And now we are as one
Married February 20, 2011

Re: What flowers did you use?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i did black white and red too. I used gerbera daisies for the centerpiecs, those are my favorite, and I honestly cant remembwe what else was used for my bouquet there is a picture of it in my bio. haha
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you're wanting something other than roses, but black magic roses are really, really pretty IMO. You could also try callas. Your florist is a great resource for these types of things as well.

ETA: After a quick google search I found out that their season is December to April. So, I think you're in luck.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    mpwdpwmpwdpw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using calla lilies.  They come in  other colors than white.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm black, white, red, too.  We met with florist today and he said roses.  I'm kind of "bleech" feeling on that also.  So time to start thinking!
    Our Wedding Day
  • Options
    lynny0780lynny0780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my colors were black and white. for my bouquet i used peonies and i was supposed to use anemonies but they were messed up when the flower shop got them so they put something else in there. for my bridesmaid i used tulips, and i had three different centerpieces (to match my alter flowers), tulips, calalilis, and hydrangaes. you could always do red tulips. have you asked your florist for any suggestions?
    heres a picture of the bouquets, and a centerpiece.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think anamones would look great w/your colors.
  • Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh those are super pretty. I will have to look into their cost. I don't have a florist yet, I am hoping to find a few good ones this weekend at the Bridal Extravaganza. Thank you ladies. You all are so awesome and so much help!!!
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same exact boat you're in.  I don't want roses because they are more everyday flower for me.  Tulips are special to FI bc his mom passed away last Aug. and it was her favorite flower.  I had 2 florists tell me they can get me tulips and that they were year round and another tell me they couldn't make me any promises.  We'll see how it goes come November.  Let me know how it works out for you.
  • Options
    Belle101781Belle101781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My colors were black and white with hints of green. I had white hydreangas. My bouquet was painted green since my dress was white and my bms bouquets stayed white because their dresses were black. We had some green button mum scattered through out the hydreangas. Super simple and cute. I didn't want to make a big fuss over the bouquets.

I really wanted the anemonies(sp?) but they were out of my price range. My florist used 3 hydreanga stems for my bouquet and one for the bms because they were so full.

• Options
    FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in February and had tulips in my bouquet as well as peonies, hydrangeas and rananculus (my bouquet was pink and white).

Look into different kind of roses like cabbage roses, spray roses, etc.  you will be suprised how some of them can look very different.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I used different colors than your wedding - but my flowers were AMAZING!! If you are looking for a great florist who is creative and you can literally tell her what colors you want and she will come up with something beautiful - Sheli Hart at Village Flowery is your girl! A friend recommended me to her and on my wedding day - I could see why! Guests are still telling me those were the most beautiful flowers they had ever seen at a wedding!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards