Texas-Houston

ever used "perfectweddingvenue.com" ?

Apparently this is a venue matching company that, at no cost to you, help you find a perfect wedding venue based on their database of venues they have contracts with, and they get paid a referral fee by the venue. 

Has anyone here used this service before?  Is it legit?  They sent me some docs to sign which basically don't require anything from me other than notifying the venues they work with that I am one of their clients.  For venues they don't work with I would have no obligation to them.  It looks like they provide some sort of venue insurance as well - all at no cost to the bride. 

Services do not seem typical for this industry, but they also have a list of venues they work with, so it looks like they will only try to match you up with the ones on their list, which is fine, I would be free to look around on my own and find places not on their list with no obligation. 

What are yall's thoughts about this?

Re: ever used "perfectweddingvenue.com" ?

• After corresponding with a "rep" from this company for the last several days, and passing information back and forth with her, including my list of 120+ venues I have already looked into, and even setting up a tour at a venue through her which I went to over the weekend, the "rep" tells me, "Due to such a high demand for my services, I was just informed I am to only work with brides that are exclusively working with our company and not searching on their own." By the way, I never signed any of their documents, and none of their documents required this of me anyway.

HA! From the get-go, she was aware I was looking on my own and asked that I only check with her first before contacting venues on my own to make sure we know which ones they are already affiliated with. It doesn't make sense for a bride-to-be to work with a venue-finding company that will ONLY match brides up to venues the company is paid by, without "allowing" a bride to search on her own as well.

My take on it is that this is not a company with your best interest in mind. Probably obvious because it was too easy, but now with some contact with them it is confirmed for me.

PS - this is the company that will come up with their website that gives you an opportunity to filter out venues based on your desires, and then it comes back with pictures and gives you a brief description, but will not reveal the name of the venue. You can only get the names of the venues by signing up with them. However, if you have done as much looking as I already have, most of the venues are pretty recognizable anyway. Happy Hunting!
  • I  tried to work with them too. I even talked to the girl on the phone. She was annoying. I sent her the list of the venues I like from the pictures on her website and she kept losing it or something. She wouldnt give me the names of the places. I told her I was flexable on date, that me loving it and the cost was more important, but she wasn't understanding it. I was so mad because there was a venue on her website in pictures I loved but could never figure out where it was. I got so annoyed and mad I just gave up.

Sorry you had a bad experience too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards