Texas-Houston
Options

Due to one person bullying my FI I am asking her to please remove this POST.

TEXAS LADIES  do not bulley others SKINN. Yell
Rodney and Kathy forever. Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Due to one person bullying my FI I am asking her to please remove this POST.

• Options
    sklink0486sklink0486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I'm not even sure how to respond to your post because it's pretty offensive. Particularly, your title giving off a sense of how people in other states seem to think Texans talk and your misspelling- because you spelled it correctly in your actual post, I can only assume you meant to write this as if you have a Texas accent, which obviously you know nothing about. 

And you sound like my great-grandmother saying something like "well i have traveled in my day". Ok, whatever, me too. 

Here's your first lesson, don't talk to people in Houston like we're stupid.
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i find this post really strange. i moved here (uh, permanently "relocated"?) from massachisetts, having only lived in the Northeast my entire life and I find this post somewhat offensive. i can understand asking about things like Bridal portraits (which we don't do up North) and those sorts of "cultural" things, but this post just really puts me off. It makes us Yankees look bad.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope you're not calling me rude because you wrote a post that is offensive, and yes, I noticed that you changed the title and post on Etiquette. If you're asking advice about the etiquette in Texas, the last thing you should do is write a post the way you did. My advice: Don't talk to people this way when you get here.

And I like how you changed your original post here so that newcomers won't know what you originally said.
    Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually maybe you ought to chill and realize this whole world does not revolve around you. She was very polite in asking a question. She is new to Texas and of course when in doubt ask. Take your holier then thou attitude and stick it where the sun don't shine. As if your perfect.
    Rodney and Kathy forever. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry, but maybe she should not be posting on the internet if she can't handle people's opinions. If you notice, the other poster wrote a similar response so please don't act like my response was holier than thou.

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    dangit I always miss the good stuff.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I missed this too... hmm.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know, I wish I had copied the original post before she deleted it...
    Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_good-old-fashian-texan-etiquite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:b43efb78-de4f-4277-96f1-52bc53919f16Post:0e72f09f-ba3d-4f59-9f78-402a36bd8b1a">Re: Due to one person bullying my FI I am asking her to please remove this POST.</a>:
    [QUOTE]dangit I always miss the good stuff.....
    Posted by PrimoBride[/QUOTE]
    ditto
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i missed the original original post, but this post was written in a wierd, condescending way, asking about "texas etiquette" (except spelled wierd) and with words misspelled as though to mimic a texas drawl. she also made a point of saying that she had lived in all these other places, which i think was meant to exude a sense of worldliness and justify her condenscending attitude. i'm from the Northeast (she said she was "relocating" from New Hampshire) and was embarassed by her offensively feigned ignorance.
  • Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoever read the original post, tell us what happened. We all missed it...
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you can see the original title:Good Old Fashian Texas Etiquite HELP!
    And then she went on to say something like she was "relocating" from Massachucets (sorry sp?) to Houston with her FI and that "well I have traveled in my day" and that every state has their own mannerisms, charms, etiquette and she wanted to learn all of that before she got here.
    Honestly, it was a very strange post.  It seemed like a joke to her. 
    She re-posted on Etiquette, but changed the title and wording of the post and got some good responses there.
    Planning Bio

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I forgot to add that after me and lewis posted our posts, she changed her OP saying something about how "a really rude person" made an awful and nasty post when all she was trying to do was ask about our mannerisms. And she didn't put "EDIT" or anything, she had deleted the offensive part at that point. That really pissed me off.
    Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree with you guys, not the way to approach people!  Unless someone is moving here and planning to join Houston "high society" why would it really matter?  I would never question a bride after attending her wedding if she skipped bridal portraits.  Regardless where a person grew up, we all have our own family traditions that may not have anything to do with our location. 

Oh, and I do hope I haven't misspelled anything.  lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So did you tell her that we ride horses to work and cook dinner on the campfire and say ya'll alot? LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards