Texas-Houston
Options

Help me Ladies

I have 3,000 to spend on renting out ceremony and reception venue. I have expensive taste on a low budget. For instance I love The Bell Towr and The Crystal Ballroom at the rice. What venue could I get for my budget?

Re: Help me Ladies

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow you really are going to have to get on websites and start looking.  What side of town do you prefer, and what all do you want to be included in the 3000.00?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I REALLY think you should look into the U of H Chapel ( a.d. bruce religion center) it is around 6hun. or so  and you really dont need to decorate it, if anything just flowers on the pews. The place is absolutely beautiful. I have a lot of wedding pictures from there ( not of myself, but from others.) AND thena reception at Houston Heights fire station..  yes, it may sound weird at first but I promise the place is beautiful and is just under 1k to rent it out.I also have wedding pictures from here if you would like, just let me know.    With those two places you would have roughly, probably a little less to spend on food, and linens and just very little decoration and whatever else. Like I said, let me know if you would like pictures. I know there have been a few other knotties who can also rave about the houston heights fire station.  :) hope this helps!  I think its best with your budget
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • Options
    momadionamomadiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies thanks for the info. Most of my family live on the Southeast side of houston around Uof H and 610 east. The 3,000 budget is just for the rental of a place. My overall budget is 10,000 but I thought if I find a place for rental it would be better to find a cater on a low budget.  Jen could you pm your email so I can email you to see those photos?
  • Options
    FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Rachel had her wedding at the Heights Fire Station and she said it was under $1k just for rental of the facility.  Here are her wedding pictures:

http://pinkposhphotography.blogspot.com/2009/08/rachel-ryan-married.html

Other facilities I think were budget friendly were Tin Hall and Safari Texas Ranch.  Both look great once you add in details and decorations.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    sent my email!
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes that's my wedding. Thanks Dang. The Heights Fire Station is a good place to rent out. You can bring in all your own everything. The only thing I would suggest is getting a wedding coordinator to handle all the set up and vendors. Let me know if you have any other questions about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow I looked at those Pictures.. Amazing!!! Sooo Pretty.... I wish we would have known about that place!  Although I love where we are getting married... The House Plantation!
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The thing you want to keep in mind, is that you probably want to find a place that includes as many things in the rental price as possible. There are a lot of places that will let you rent the place out cheap, and then you spend a pretty penny on chairs, linens, plates, ect ect... Just ask what all is included, and feel free to ask for the contract. Everything should be listed there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered having your wedding on a Friday or Sunday instead?  The Bell Tower could be in your budget then (depending on # of people)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards