Texas-Houston

Galveston.. beach wedding! Maybe?

I rented a beach house in jamaica beach for my wedding. I was thinking about getting married at the house but I think the beach would be better but I have no idea where to start. 

How would I go about doing everything? Like set up? I would like chairs so my guests could sit but is that a good idea on the beach? Plus I am pretty sure it is a public beach so how do I find a good spot? Is there anything I need to make sure I do?

It will be a small wedding. Around 20 people. Sorry for all my rambling questions. I am pretty much on my own planning and I just don't know where to start. Any tips, advice, or personal experience would be very much appreciated :-)

Re: Galveston.. beach wedding! Maybe?

• morgancwhitemorgancwhite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I saw this and thought I might share some advice.

My fiance and I looked into the Galveston beach wedding, and good news: IT CAN BE DONE!

Island Weddings seems to be the most popular on google but for the simple cost of tables and setup, it was about 1700, and since we are having a friend officiate the ceremony and you can't technically "rent" a public beach, it seemed like too much.

However, Tour de Tents in Galveston does table/linen/chair rental, and they have a setup and breakdown service. You might be looking for something that's more of a package deal, but it worked for us because it was more customizable. Here's the site: http://tourdetents.com/table-and-chairs-rental-galveston-texas.html

I hope that helps! We ended up not going with a beach ceremony but we definitely considered it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards