Texas-Houston
Options

Wedding Coordinators?

I was just wondering how many of you have a wedding coordinator?
We are planning our Wedding for Sept 10, 2011. I just find it so stressing. (Should I even feel this way? the date seems sofar yet so near) I've looked at a few sites for wedding coordinators and feel like it would be helpful yet my friends see it as an added expense...
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: Wedding Coordinators?

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    If I had to do it over again I would hire at least a "day of coordinator" wedding coordinator. They would make the day less stressful and make everything smooth and effortless. I think it would be worth the $$.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have one and i will tell you this...i am a week out from my wedding and for the last two weeks i have had nothing to stress over, she has taken care of all the little things and dealt with all the vendors....

i'm using Courtney with Brown Ink Events and although she just started it on her own she's been in the wedding business for a while, she has been so on point and i am ocd about it, lol.

one good thing that she did to save my life, lol was that i totally for got about linens for the cocktail hour and she saved me a boat load because she offeres linens too and i got a sweet deal, i didn't have to go back to beatiful beginnings to add more to my bill, lol.

www.browninkevents.com
    Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think (from what I'm told) it kind of depends on how much you plan to spend on your wedding.  Coordinators are an added expense, but if you plan to have a big wedding, there will be tons of opportunities for them to save you money and essentially pay for themselves.  If you're going for a small wedding, they'd definitely help reduce the stress, but wouldn't necessarily save you money.  I might hire a day-of, but am undecided so far.
  • Options
    lasaggie08lasaggie08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue comes with a "day of coordinator." She has been really great so far and I think she is worth her weight in gold although she is included in the overall price, lol. I dont want to be stressing over what vendor has/hasnt arrived yet or where everyone is and needs to be on my wedding day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a day of coordinator that helped me a lot. we met a few times before, talked on the phone and emailed all the time. I am glad I got her.
  • Options
    jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have one and am getting married in August.  I am pretty hard to work with probably, because I negotiate contracts for a living, so my vendors have been through the ringer by the time we agree on anything.  I think he will be worth it because you definitely need a day of for the little things, taking the book from the wedding to the reception, making sure vendors perform, etc. 

I have seen mothers, sisters, etc who try to keep it together for the day of and it is just not fair to them, IMO, to not be able to enjoy the day.

You should be able to get a day of for $1,500 or less.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Since your wedding is more than a year away, I think it's a great time to start planner and DOC researching.

I'm getting married in October of this year and have a planner for the last 2 months. Depending on your budget, most planners will work with you and some can even customize their packages to something you feel comfortable with paying.

I'm working with Soiree Bliss and it has been absolutely wonderful. We share similar tastes, so she gives me plenty of ideas and vendor contacts, since I'm planning from out of town.
  • Options
    jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also,your day of may (hopefully) help pay for him/her self with discounts they can get for you.
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I DEFINITELY recommend you hire, in the least, a wedding DAY OF Cooridnator.  It is tryly a wonderful peace of mind!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue comes with a day of coordinator besides that I don't really feel like I need a wedding planner. I'm also a teacher so I have the whole summer to deal with the little things before my wedding in August. I really think that it's also about how stressful people make it out to be, I have done everything on my own and never had a meltdown or felt like I needed help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards