Texas-Houston
Options

Houston Budget Wedding 2011

I am planning my Houston wedding & have a budget of under $10k. So far I am doing well with the planning! My guests count is of 150 guests and I have to say it is not easy at all staying under $10K. It requires a lot of research and being creative too. I have to be very smart while I am shopping around. The wedding I am planning is elegant. I will have everything and keep it at under $10K. I have a budget expense spreadsheet that shows how much I can spend for a photo, video, bride dress, reception, ceremony, bar (drinks), limo, make-up, bling cake!......etc. Every bride can have their dream wedding it is really all about careful planning. There are several floral, DJs, reception venues to pick from and with different $$$. Also don’t be afraid to negotiate prices. I have negotiated with a DJ & will pay $300 instead of $600 (4 hrs)! I got a 50% discount off my DJ! How cool is that!! My reception venue goes for $8,000 on a Sunday but I am only paying $5,700 for 150 guests with everything included (food, bar, appetizers, table linens, .etc)!! My wedding dress costs $850 but I only paid $99 (Alfred Angelo Bridal)!!!! My fiancé is getting his suit for free and he gets to keep it (a $400 value FREE)!!! Everyone at first would tell me it was impossible to have a wedding in Houston for under $10K but I am going to prove them wrong! Can't wait for my wedding next year 2011!! Good Luck to all the brides out there and happy planning!!!

Re: Houston Budget Wedding 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW.... I'm going to have to give you two slaps up high girlie. I must say that is wonderful. I didn't think it was possible. My FI and I wedding budget is 10,000.00. He doesn't want to go over that at all. plus we are the ones paying for it and don't want to go broke paying for a wedding. I mean we all can have a dream wedding but is it really necessary to spend all your money and be in a place of discomfort. Our wedding is for March 2012, guest list between 150 and 175. No more than that. I must say I really want to know what you did and how did you do it? Where is this venue that you are using?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the same - our total came in at $12 due to a few splurges (cake, had to buy two dresses, etc.) but we were wise on date and venue (Sunday with venue that offers half-price room fees on Sundays).  We also did the same with photog - found one who is good but will offer a shooting package with CD and all rights to us so we can print/make albums after the wedding as and when we wish.  He will touch up 50 pics as part of our package.  His reviews are great so we feel comfortable.  Negotiated with florist for very simple single-flower and scattered petal centerpieces and in-season flowers.  I am so happy we didn't end up spending $15-20k! 
    Our Wedding Day
  • Options
    KBLopezKBLopez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!!!!  That is awesome!  I just got engaged a week ago and so far, all I am seeing is $$$$ signs!  (eeek!)  Where is your wedding going to be held at?  I'm trying to stick to a budget too! 
  • Options
    afrances52385afrances52385 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is very encouraging.  Thanks for your post.  You just lifte my spirits.
  • Options
    mpwdpwmpwdpw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats nice, my wedding budget has gone up to 25-30k  lol :(
  • Options
    KBLopezKBLopez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is your venue at?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_houston-budget-wedding-2011?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:d175d151-211a-420f-ab1b-678b8bc576a5Post:fb76da1b-c6be-462e-a6aa-bf7028b56baa">Re: Houston Budget Wedding 2011</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where is your venue at?
    Posted by KBLopez[/QUOTE]Not only that, but who are your DJ and florist? I;m intruiged.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours for under 10k as well!  ALot of stuff we are DIY... where is your wedding?
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    Eva77042Eva77042 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours for under 8,000.00 total. I checked out all the vendors in the yellow pages & other places for independant reviews. I took 2 years to plan my wedding to make sure I found quality vendors for an affordable price.

Ceremony & Reception at Cleopatras. (All standard decorations included. I am just providing peacock feathers)
    http://www.cleopatrabanquethouston.com/

DJ: Fuse Link
    http://www.fuselinkdjs.com/

Silk Flowers Flowers: (I met her at an open house. I asked her if she also does silks & was told These ARE silks! They look so real!) She works out of her house so she can pass the savings on to us.
    http://www.yourdayweddings.biz/

Officient:
    We Do I Do's

http://wedoidos.net/id58.html

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! We are in a similar boat but our budget is 6,000 and we're going to have some left over. If you need anything, we can swap ideas! Who did you get your dj through?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    snookums4closnookums4clo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow your doing really well. My budget is nowhere near that its much lower like a couple thousand. So good for you that you can have that kind of budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, that's exactly cool ladies. Like our budget is 10,000.00 but that is the max. FI really wants to spend less than that like between 6,000 and 8,000. ladies where are you getting married at and how many guests are you having. Our guest list is 150 and he doesn't want it past that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    10,000 here too!

my venue is usally 8.000 sat... for a sunday i gor it for 4,000 and not only that i got two rooms instead of 1! Also have 150 guest and it comes with table chairs (pretty and they are gold which match my colors so i dont need covers) linens (like 30 choices) uplighting, and we can use there vases that they own for the centerpieces!

also we bring in everything ourselfs so that helps a lot we are getting alcohal for about 500 (they have a margaretta machine for two diffrent drinks that you use for free!)

I got my dj 5 for 5 (he will also tell us when everything is supposed to be done, like our day planner which help so we dont have to buy one) when usually eight also

i am playing a video od me my family FI family and our friends... they have a screen that comes down!! so perfect for us!!

i used rals catering 14 dollars a a person (includes.. 2 drinks plus cofee, two sautee stations one carving station and hourderves for coctail hour (a pinapple tree with fruits and vegatables) (also served on china!!!) sounds stupid but was so hard to find someone that could do china on my bugdet!)

I have a family friend taking pics for 50 an hour...

getting silk flowers from garden ridge (they go on sale after christmas)! and my aunts are florist so they are going to do those for me!

I got my invites for 300 and instead of doing rsvp cards i wrote down my knot website and they will do it there are over the phone!

My grandma got my cake and dress though which helped a lot :)

if you have any questions ladies just ask1 i will be more than happy to help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards