Texas-Houston

Tipping? what is your opinion?

ok, are we "supposed" to tip our vendors at the end of the night? (photog, video,dj/band members/coordinator).  personally, I feel like we don't "have" too but it's more of a nice gesture.  I don't mean to sound cheap or disrespectful but these vendors are not cheap and the price I paid the vendor is what I can afford.  I just did not know if iit was a common thing to tip and if I don't tip it will be wrong???  but hey, to each it's own.  

PLUS, I am thinking of feeding them dinner b/c where else are they going to have time to eat?  (photog, video, coordinator, band members).  did YOU feel your vendors that night?  

Let me know your thoughts! 

Re: Tipping? what is your opinion?

• I think that generally you are not expected to tip vendors if they own the business. For instance, my photographer owns her business so I wouldn't have to tip her. However, if your DJ works for a company, then you should probably tip him. I think that's right anywya. My caterer specifically told me not to add tip becasue he pays his servers very well but that may depend on the caterer.

Yes, you will need to feed your vendors dinner, since they will not otherwise get to eat.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • If you will have vendors at your wedding that are present for more than 4 hours then yes, it is only right to feed them.  I personally think it's the right thing to do.
  • Feeding them?  Yes, of course.  That is only proper.  But that's not a tip.

Tipping depends.  I would give a small tip to anyone who works for a company.  If they did an amazing job, then give them a more sizeable tip. 

For those who own their own company, you don't need to tip them.  But if they do an amazing job, you could give them something extra, but it's not at all expected.

SaveSave
  • yup I am going to feed them. 
  • I've been told you tip them if they are not the owners and that you do feed vendors if they are there through the dinner service.
  • edited July 2012
    We didn't tip any of the vendors, the gratuity was included in our ceremony/reception contract since it was in same venue. Our vendors were given break/dinner which included dj, photographer and videographer.
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • I think you should tip all of the prominent vendors that do an outstanding job....regardless of wether they own the company or not.  I believe exceptional service should be recognized.  Keep in mind, exceptional service, not just good service. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards