Texas-Houston
Options

wedding planner questions

Do y'all think wedding planners are necessary?  What is a good price for a wedding planner, for the full planning and just the day of coordinator?  I'm contemplating hiring one, but I'm not sure of the prices and if I could afford it.  I called one who quoted me $1650 and that was only for day of.

Re: wedding planner questions

• Options
    I wouldnt say a wedding "planner" is neccessary, but I would say a day-of-coordinator is.
    I strongly recommend Sally from Monarch Event Planning-- I had the same questions at first. She helped put it into perspective. You really want to enjoy your wedding day- as well as all of your guests. The best money ever spent will be on having someone ELSE make sure that day runs smooth, while you enjoy cloud 9 for ONE DAY.
  • Options
    I got married in Sept and although venue provided a coordinator, I feel that they weren't as fast and efficient, I would recommend a 'day of' coordinator.
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • Options
    A wedding planner is helpful if you are extremely busy and don't have the time to research the best vendors. Many planners that have been in the business for years have already established relationships with key vendors and can save you money. It depends on your situation if you need one.

A DOC charging $1650 seems like a lot for Houston. How many guests are you having. My DOC has been in the business for 10+ years and is charging half that amount for 250 wedding.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    You can try www.eventsbydoyin.com. They are pretty reasonable and will work with your budget.
  • Options
    as far as wedding planners are concerned...it depends on your personality and how much time you have for planning. I'm a DIY person, but i would definitely recommend a "day of" person. you want someone to take care of details that day and make sure things run smoothly...you and your family should enjoy your day! 

$1650 is a lot for "day of" there are definitely other reputable coordinators that will do it for less than $1000

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    One of my friends used Lovely Events (Kayleigh) last year and loved her. I think that's who we'll probably use. Her day-of was under $1k. I can't imagine paying 1650 for just the day!

We'll probably just do day-of. We have tons of time to plan so I don't think I'll need help finding my vendors. Idk. Maybe I'll get lazy and change my mind. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards