Texas-Houston
Options

Houston Arboretum or Mercer Arboretum

My Fiance and I are taking engagement pictures in 2 weeks.  Anyone take pictures at the Houston Arboretum or Mercer Arboretum?  I've seen alot of good pics at Mercer with trees, flowers, pond, bench, and wooden door.  It's just a little far.  Does the Houston Arboretum have his to offer as well?  I want to use Mercer for my bridals, but not sure if it will be weird to have the same for engagement too.

Re: Houston Arboretum or Mercer Arboretum

• Options
    mleeanne04mleeanne04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about Houston Arboreteum but I do know that Mercer has restrictions about weddings in the park.  Because of this, you may need to call to see if you need a permit to take portraits or if it's even allowed.  Or you can go guerrilla style and just do it and plead ignorance later :)

As far as having the same location for both the engagement and bridal, I don't believe that it would be a big deal.  At least not for me.

• Options
    aplatanadaaplatanada member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the Houston Arboretum. it was too small for us- the max they can do is 100, I believe.  I wasn't terribly impressed with the site, since it's right next to the road to the entrance. 
  • Options
    mdscopelmdscopel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're just taking pictures there, not the wedding.  Is it odd to do bridals at the same place as engagement?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards