Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Need to find a church in Columbus IN

I cannot believe how hard it is to find a church to open their doors to non members.  We have been rejected  by 4 churches now (and humiliated by 1)!  Does anyone know how to go about reserving a church if you are not a member?  Is it really this difficult?  We have our reception hall already reserved, but no church will allow us to get married!!  Please help!

Re: Need to find a church in Columbus IN

• Because this is an international borad (and most of us are no where near IN) we won't be able to help, posting on your local board would be the best.

IME, I had a similiar problem, the church was one of the last things I booked because it was so hard to find a place that wouldt marry a non member.  In the yellow pages I found a couple of chapels but they were only LAST resort.  After months of research, hours of driving to almost 80% of the churches in our town I finally found one that was a "resonable" price and absolutely NO restrictions (no dress restrictions, no music restrictions, no decor restrictions, no officiant restricions, nothing!). 

So I say take a deep breath and try to take some time and just hit up all the churches in your area one by one (or preferance on location/parking). 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • We're new to this area and we're getting married in a town we're not that familiar with...crazy I know but the reception venue is saving us a lot of money since we can bring in our own food and liquor.  Having it at the venue is our last resort...they will only set up once and it's up to us to change it around if needed.  I did post this on my local page but not getting much help.  Just didn't know if others found a way around this issue :(
  • Try Methodist churches, community churches that aren't affiliated with a specific denomination.  Try Universalist churches.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards