Texas-Houston
Options

*MrsMartin*

When you used Mandola Liquors, did they suggest a bartender for you? We're still looking at bartenders and haven't found one we like yet.

Re: *MrsMartin*

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We already had a bartender (family friend). You can ask them (Mandola's) maybe they will have some suggestions. Even sometime your cater will have some suggestions.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work with a fabulous bartender:  The Pourman...ask for Zachry and tell them Claudia sent ya!  ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Pourman was out of our budget at $50/hr.

It's making us rethink the whole alcohol thing.....maybe we can have a slurpee machine, ha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    do you have to have a bartender at your venue?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Slurpee machine FTW. I don't even care that you were joking, that would friggin' awesome.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, if we do alcohol we have to have a licensed bartender to serve alcohol. I thought you have to do that everywhere in the state of texas?

There are some other bartenders that are $30 or $35 an hr, but they want to put out a tip jar (they say its a "requirement"). I think that's just tacky, especially if we have to pay a 20% surcharge!
  • Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't think a tip jar is tacky because that is just a bartender thing. We had one out at ours and the end of the night he gave us half the tips.

I do understand what you are saying if they are saying it is required, but you are paying 20% surcharge. That is just ridiculous. I would look on craigslist too.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    pst726pst726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is a bartendar for an upscale steak house here in Houston... When is your wedding? I could see if he was available and what he would charge if you still need someone. You can email me at pst726@yahoo.com.

~Pam
    So ready to marry my best friend! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards