Texas-Houston

Wedding Dress Shopping

Hello,

Does anyone have any suggestions on places to shop for plus size wedding dresses.  My budget for the dress is about 500 to 750.  

I plan to schedule an appointment with David's Bridal, but which is better the Sugarland location or the 45/1960 location? I've heard horror stories about the one near the Galleria so that one is out. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping

• edited December 2011
    Ventura's has nices dresses for a good price.
    its on 610/yale.
  • edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo!!!!
    SUPER affordable dresses, very chic shops, too.

Plus, if you buy your gown through them, everyone in your bridal party receives $20 off their order, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found a dress I loved at Ventura's. But I ordered it from Pearl's Place for $200 cheaper than their price. And my BMs ordered their dresses from there, too. I received my dress last Thursday, about a month before they told me to expect it.
  • courtneyncirocourtneynciro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the David's Bridal location on I-45/FM 1960 and it was very clean and all the employees/consultants were very knowledgeable and helpful.  I would also recommend Alfred Angelo, the one on FM 1960 across from Willowbrook Mall is pretty nice.
  • edited December 2011

I bought my dress at a charity called Brides Against Breast Cancer when they came to Houston. Its a traveling wedding gown sale with all proceeds going to help women with breast cancer. Very similar to Make A Wish.
     I bought my dress for $800 when it retails in store for $2000. They are going to be here in June. You should check it out. 
    I will always rec this to some one looking for a dress because as a bride on a tight budget, it was a saving grace.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at the 1960 Davids Bridal location
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Ventura's Bridal, great experience and price. I think my dress was like $600-$650 or so
  • Karamel_bpKaramel_bp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@SoontobeJag, I bought mine from there too. And I am a plus size bride. My dress reatiled at 1000 and I got it for 400. It was and is beautiful, but now I can't get rid of it. lol

Anniversary
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP-Pearl's Place.  I saved like $400.  I ordered my BM dresses from there too and since they were all the same style, it was one time $15 shipping fee for all 4 dresses.  We saved $40 off EACH of the dresses.
  • tjw2011tjw2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I bought my dress from the DB in Sugarland.  Overall, it was a pretty good experience for me and all the ladies have been so friendly no matter how many times I've gone in there....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for the information and suggestions!  I have an appointment with David's Bridal and Ventura in May.  I think I'm going to schedule an appointment with Alfred Angelo. 

I looked for Pearl's Place on google and the only thing I found was a dress shop in Louisiana.  Does anyone have contact information for that place.

Also, the Brides Against Breast Cancer will be in Houston on June 24-26th!!  I registered for the event in case I don't have a dress by then.  Here is the link for their website http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/

Again, thanks everyone!!
  • edited December 2011

I got my $1000 dress discontinued for $330 at Milan M2 Bridal Boutique. Great deals!
    http://mysomewhathandcraftedwedding.blogspot.com/

• edited December 2011
    I hope you have not got your dress yet!!!  You need to go to Amy Lee Bridal  they have a website and they do every thing.  They have a fab selection in plus sizes you can try on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards