Texas-Houston
Options

Ensemble Theater

Hi ladies!! Any of you had a reception at the Ensemble Theater or know someone that has?  I went to visit it yesterday and loved it but I couldn't find many reviews or pictures online.  Just want to make sure it's not one of those places that looks good on the surface but is the venue from wedding hell :)

TIA!

Re: Ensemble Theater

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I was just going to ask this also. I got an e-mail back from them today. She talked about all of the great renovations, but I'm in the same boat you are with no reviews or pictures.
  • Options
    mlewis85mlewis85 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a nice space -- has it's own entrance, if there is no event going on you can use their parking lot, and the colors are neutral.  The free parking thing is definitely a perk -- every downtown venue I've been to requires valet.  It's not a very fancy room if that's what you're looking for.  It's a basic room that's wide open and has a recessed stage area.  She seems very open about sprucing the room up (even said you can switch out the bulbs in the sconces) and you can set up the evening before.  Overall, I think it's a very good value.

I took pictures with my camera phone that I can e-mail you if you'd like.  Just shows the open room and the type of chairs they use.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_ensemble-theater?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:ebc35dce-8734-4baa-9027-8274df12b4a5Post:bed6c79e-09fb-4b95-acc8-8e372741f65f">Re: Ensemble Theater</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's a nice space -- has it's own entrance, if there is no event going on you can use their parking lot, and the colors are neutral.  The free parking thing is definitely a perk -- every downtown venue I've been to requires valet.  It's not a very fancy room if that's what you're looking for.  It's a basic room that's wide open and has a recessed stage area.  She seems very open about sprucing the room up (even said you can switch out the bulbs in the sconces) and you can set up the evening before.  Overall, I think it's a very good value<strong>. I took pictures with my camera phone that I can e-mail you if you'd like. </strong> Just shows the open room and the type of chairs they use.
    Posted by mlewis85[/QUOTE]

I just sent you a PM, thanks!
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went there recently for a play and fund raiser. It was very nice! I wanted to have our vow renewal there, but they were having play rehearsals that weekend. Frown
  • Options
    mlewis85mlewis85 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Ty!  I went ahead and booked with them this morning.  The space looks great and (as a personal bonus) it's black owned/operated.

BTW, I am also using your recommendation of Savvy Couture Creations -- great prices and Lori seems really nice.
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_ensemble-theater?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:ebc35dce-8734-4baa-9027-8274df12b4a5Post:4b52376e-ea2d-402e-b069-7f339daecfa5">Re: Ensemble Theater</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Ty!  I went ahead and booked with them this morning.  The space looks great and (as a personal bonus) it's black owned/operated. BTW, I am also using your recommendation of Savvy Couture Creations -- great prices and Lori seems really nice.
    Posted by mlewis85[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>HI!! So how was it? I'm thinking about checking this place out and I will like a real review of the venue. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks in advance!</div>
  • Options
    Hi!! So how was your wedding there??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards