Texas-Houston

Need advice/opinions/experiences on these venues

Hi, I've been lurking for months, but I just recently got engage. I was wondering if you ladies can help me out. I'm planning on an outside ceremony and indoor reception for April 2011 with approx 150 guests.

Here are some of the venues I've been looking at. If any of you had any experiences with these venues please do share.

Northgate country club
Ashton Gardens
Villa Rinata
Great Oaks Manor
Petroleum Club (this club doesn't offer outside ceremonies, but I still like it.)
Pineforest Country Club
Blue Rose Maison
Tranquila Ranch

Thanks for reading!!

Re: Need advice/opinions/experiences on these venues

• edited December 2011
    I saw La Tranquila Ranch a few weeks ago. Their "Villa" was not very nice at all, in my opinion. It is basically a small house, and there was a strange smell. On the other hand, their actual "ballroom" was gorgeous as was the ceremony spot, which was basically a gazebo overlooking their lake. I did not choose this venue because I decided Tomball was too far, and the ballroom packages were out of my price range.

Also, for the ballroom package, you have to watch out. Their price quotes are based on 100 guests. From there, there is a charge per head for everything over 100 (food, linens, chairs, etc). They offer BYOB, but the snag with this is you must also bring cups, napkins, straws, etc.

Other than that, I exchanged emails with Ashton Gardens & Belle Rose Maison. Ashton Gardens was way out of my price range (their Saturday base package starts at $20k). Debra at Belle Rose Maison is very nice and accomodating. I was supposed to see it this weekend, but I cancelled because I ended up booking my venue this week. Hope all of this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at Belle Rose and Debra was sweet,we planned to see the smaller venue and when we got there she was at the bigger one of course my children fell in love with the bigger one. Almost felt like she knew what she was doing in meeting us at the bigger more expensive venue. The house is beautiful though.

I didn't see Ashton although I would have loved to see it I knew we could not afford it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at La Tranquila Ranch in the ballroom and I loved it there. It was close to my house and was everything that I wanted and worked well with my budget. 

I originally was going to get married in the Villa. It is a small house and there isn't much to it. There is a lot you can do to both venues and I have seen pictures of cool stuff done to both. You can see it on their facebook page. Also there is an area outside on the lawn for the Villa to get married. Plus you can get married infront of the ballroom which was what I originally was going to do but went inside the ballroom instead. 

Yes if you BYOB you have to provide cups and stuff but the people who brought our booze brought all that. We also bought cups at COSTCO for cheap. I also didn't really care what kind of glasses people drank out of. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Petroleum Club in October and so far, Jeremie has been a complete darling to work with. We wanted an outdoor ceremony/indoor reception too, but decided against it given the uncertaintly of October Houston weather. Instead, we are having the ceremony in another room at the Petroleum Club.

This place books VERY fast for Saturday night weddings. We booked a year and a half out and there were already people booked the weekend before and after mine.
  • edited December 2011

A friend of mine got married at Ashton Gardens and it was beautiful!  But I've also heard it's pretty pricy.  Plus, it's more of an indoor ceremony type of place (the chapel was my favorite part).

Also, you might check out Courtyard at St. James Place - I ruled it out because I didn't want an outdoor ceremony, but they have a beautiful ceremony location.

Not sure where you are looking, but Ashlynn Manor is another place we've been to a wedding and it was really nice.

Oh - and I know 4 or 5 couples who have gotten married at Shirley Acres, which also has an outdoor ceremony site.

Photobucket
    Megan & Chris
  • heatherpriceheatherprice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Woodlands Resort in The Woodlands.  I've booked "The Deck" which is a gorgeous outdoor ceremony site and they have number beautiful indoor reception areas.  The Vista is on the second floor with half walls like a loft and candelabra lights, very elegant.  The Glass has a whole wall of windows that look over the lake.  The Lakeside Room is bigger and also has a gorgeous view.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards