Texas-Houston
Options

Weddings by Debbie??

Anyone have any good feedback about this bridal shop?  Several people have insisted I go there so I made an appoint for later this month, however, I have read several reviews on YELP that are not that encouraging.  I want it to be a really special experience, and I don't want to be pressured into anything or made to feel inadequite because I'm not a size 2 or am not spending 5 grand on a dress.  Or, if anyone had a great experience anywhere else I'd love to know!  I haven't looked at a single dress in person yet, so I'm completely green and would love the feedback:)
Thanks!!!

Re: Weddings by Debbie??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a fabulous experience at Weddings by Debbie.  My cousin had gotten married a year before I did and this is where she found her dress.  So when I got engaged, I knew I wanted to go there as well.  I went to a few other places to look and made Weddings by Debbie my last stop of the weekend because they give you 10% off if you buy your dress on your first visit..  I made an appointment with Jean (who my cousin also used).  She has been there for a long time and was wonderful.  If I remember correctly, the appointments are two hours.  I was there for that whole amount of time and never felt rushed or pressured.  I told them my budget and what I wanted.  I found a dress I liked but was over the budget and Jean went looking and found another one very smiliar that was cheaper and I loved it and that was my dress.  I bought some jewelry there as well.  I did bridal retakes after the wedding and couldn't find my jewelry so I called them and they let me borrow theirs for the day.  I recommend them and especially Jean so I say go check it out. 
  • Options
    lnhassellnhassel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also purchased my dress from there and had a pretty good experience during the shopping phase. Found my dress on the first visit (10% discount) and actually ended up staying under budget. They have the store sorted by both designer and price range so if you are worried about finding something way out of your price range stay out of the back!

My dress came in earlier than expected and I also had a great experience when I went back to try it on. The only issue I am having with them is that I cant seem to get anyone to follow up on a sash that was supposed to come with my dress that was not with it when it came in. But I still have 10 months until my wedding so I still have some time. Overall I would definitely recommend weddings by debbie.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

loved it there! i didnt go for trying on my dress, but i was the Matron of Honor in my best friends wedding and she bought hers there. we had a great experience

Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Options
    FullwedFullwed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress came from there.  I really enjoyed the process there since I never felt under presure from the consultants.  My budget for my dress was between $600 & $900.  I found my dress for $750.  I was very happy with the service & the price!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my friend's got her dress there and had nothing but fabulous things to say about the shop!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • Options
    icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress there and had horrible experiences. Very pushy even on the first visit. I would not go back there, and definitely NOT do your alterations there if you do buy a dress. They messed my dress up quite a bit and my friend had similar experience. They also cut my veil and refused to fix it the day before the wedding!! WTF!
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really didn't like that place much. They were nice at first but it was out of my price range and the sales lady was kinda rude about it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have so far had split feelings towards them. I do feel like Lina made the experience 100% worth the visit. I found my dress, got 10% discount and my dress was reasonable to my budget, becasuse she worked within it. Also, for my alterations, I felt comfortable and they did a great job. The lady suggested a few different options and helped me to find what I wanted, even saved me money.

That being said, there seems to be a diconnect in communication between their front desk and those providing services. I have felt a few times, some snarky commetns that were unneccessary, but not from those providign services to me directly. More so from their front desk/administrative. For instance, I was told my dress would be in within 3 months or so, so I planned accrodingly. Well, a month later, I'm being told that my dress is in, and if it is not paid for immediately, I'll be facing fees associated with late payment. So...fortunately, I was able to avoid that, but an overall experience with everyone wasn't directly affected. Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards