Texas-Houston

Rehearsal Dinner in The Woodlands

I need a restaurant that is not too expensive, has a big room and is close to the Waterway Marriott (host hotel) so people can walk home. Any ideas? everywhere we looked had either rooms that were too small, too open or they were expensive (i dont want to do an expensive steakhouse). Only real option right now is Grimaldi's pizza. They have a private room and we could go to the roof top wine bar next door afterwards. 

That said, pizza is not my ideal choice but is my favorite food so i'm ok with it. Any other ideas??

Re: Rehearsal Dinner in The Woodlands

• I'm guessing you've already tried restaurants like the cheesecake factory, Goose's Acre, or Baker Street pub and grill (those are the restaurants that come to mind on the waterway).

The trolly in the woodlands goes as far as market street, so guests could take the trolly back to their hotel if you wanted to try a restaurant like La Madeleines (I know they have private rooms), Grotto (expensive), Berry's Baja Grill, Jasper's (expensive), or Tommy Bahama's (maybe expensive).

Most of the places I've listed, I've never eaten there or seen what kind of rooms they have available.  Just giving ideas!  Good luck!

SaveSave
  • monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2012
    A couple more: Shelleci's new orlean kitchen in market street or Brio tuscan grill on the waterway.

SaveSave
  • Brio is on the waterway and it has a private room.  They are very nice to work with.  There is probably nothing over $25 a plate. 
  • Grimaldi's isn't just pizza...it's gourmet pizza and super delicious!!!! I think that place is a fabulous idea!
  • Thanks everyone! Let me know if you come up with anything else. I didn't know about the Trolley to market street and the cost of Brio isn't as bad as I thought. They only have capacity for about 40 people though so we'll see if we can swing that. I also found that Landry's has two private rooms one that can accomodate 48 the other 100. I'm still loving grimaldi's and then the wine bar roof after so we will see where we end up. 

Thanks again!
  • We booked landry's and will use the woodlands trolley to transport from the marriott!

It was the best location, the friendliest staff, and the nicest rooms... and also the cheapest! Worked out great, thanks fo rthe help!

We were between Tommy Bahama, Jasper's and Landry's. I was surprised there were so many that could accommodate 60 people. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards