Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Sand Ceremony

I am doing a sand ceremony for my wedding in September and I am having a hard time finding the vases. I've found a lot of online shops that sell them, but I would really like to see them in person. A friend found them at Michael's years ao, but I have not been able to find them there. I live in the Los Angeles area. Does anyone know of any stores that carry that type of thing in store? Preferably the kinds that fit together...the wavy ones.

any help would be appreciated!!

Re: Sand Ceremony

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I found mine at Michael's.  I didn't like any of the sand kits they had so I purchased my own vases and it worked out great....and I like them a lot more than the kits.

• Buy regular vases.

• kitty02katkitty02kat member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I know you're looking for the nesting vases, but I wanted to share with you what we got and why....  We ended up getting this one from Michaels (clicky) which we got a great deal on with a 40% off coupon.  The reason we got this one is because of two reasons.... One of my friends did her sand ceremony at the church but her home was almost 30 miles away and although they held the vase on the way home, just the motion of it being moved from place to place left the sand "different" than how it was pictured.  Add to it that it's been almost two years and she's come up with one problem... how do you dust it?  So the top layer of sand is all dusty (and she's a clean freak so it drives her nuts!) 

So- I figure with this one, the sand might move- but at least it'll be covered and won't "grow" dust ;) 
  • I am looking for one too.  I love that one kitty02kat.  I hope I can find it at my michaels here.
    Counting the days until I marry the man of my dreams. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One note about the vase we got...  we also went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got some super small funnels.  (They have a two pack of little guys for like $3).  We then bought some super cheap craft sand and did a test session.  We found it works best if when he pours, I hold the funnel and "direct" the sand so we get the fun layered look and vice versa.  Don't try to pour it in this little vase guy without a funnel.  :) 
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_sand-ceremony-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:6a141582-bf6d-4423-8738-1205b365de94Post:90880ebe-c979-48b8-8ab4-5f38b9555543">Re: Sand Ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]One note about the vase we got...  we also went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got some super small funnels.  (They have a two pack of little guys for like $3).  We then bought some super cheap craft sand and did a test session.  We found it works best if when he pours, I hold the funnel and "direct" the sand so we get the fun layered look and vice versa.  <strong>Don't try to pour it in this little vase guy without a funnel.  :) 
    </strong>Posted by kitty02kat[/QUOTE]

We didn't use a funnel and it came out perfect.

• Thanks for the thoughts everyone! I think I am going to have to abandon my desire for the nesting vases...I totally see the point about being able to seal the sand in...that makes total sense...

thanks guys!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_sand-ceremony-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:6a141582-bf6d-4423-8738-1205b365de94Post:39c99d6b-0894-4847-9431-2e2e3181740f">Re: Sand Ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sand Ceremony : We didn't use a funnel and it came out perfect.
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

Sweet! :)  We're afraid we'll be nervous/excited and shaking and make a huge mess lol 
  • we ordered ours online from here http://www.foreverwedstore.com/product/Sand_Ceremony_Sets/FW8534DH.html

we likes that it has a stand and a stopper so it can be displayed and should not have to worry about it getting mixed up or dusty and the personalization makes it a keepsake too not just some random sand in a jar. hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards