Texas-Houston

Catering

What caters did you use or are going to be having at your wedding? We want something affordable for about 150 adults and 50 children totaling 200. We are thinking Mexican or bar-b-Que but not sure where to begin. We are even thinking of doing it ourselves and hiring someone to serve but I think that’s too much work and it would just be one more thing to worry about that day. Thank in advance Smile

Re: Catering

• Rudy's BBQ

CATERING

We'll set up and serve for one hour, buffet style so you can enjoy your event. All caterings include sliced pickles, onions, jalapeños, fresh bread, Rudy's "sause", plates, plastic cutlery, and napkins. Tea, sweeteners & lemons included.

* Labor charges may apply to groups smaller than 150.

I heard they could do it as low as $10 a plate - but have not confirmed it yet.  I know that have great food!

• PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I was just about to suggest Rudy's. They are delicious.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2012
    Los Cucos does Mexican catering for events.

They have fajita buffets with all the trimmings for like 10 a person, plus a small fee for waitstaff.

I've heard good things about Rudy's though if you want barbecue!

Also, this is kind of weird, but I found out Fuddruckers does full catering.  I thought it might be kind of neat to have a gourmet hamburger buffet where guests make their own burger.  They're probably pretty cheap.

Edit to add:  I really wouldn't cater it yourself.  You'll be way too stressed, even if you were to involve family or friends (and they'd be stressed too!). 

Self catering might could work if your wedding was really small, or if you wanted to just buy sandwhich and snack platters from Costco, but if you want a full meal for 200 people, HIRE A CATERER! :)

SaveSave
  • Pappasitos does catering & their food is pretty good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards