Texas-Houston
Options

I'M MARRIED!!! :D *vendor reviews* :)

My gosh, what an absolutely amazing, dream-come-true wedding we had!! :) Totally was the best day of my life! Hubs and I got back from the honeymoon Sunday night from Cancun and it was just wonderful (resort was quiet and without spring breakers which was SO nice!) These reviews were always so helpful for me during the planning so I figured before heading to bed, I'd share them with the engaged ladies :)

So overall, each vendor below is A+++++++++++++++ You can read about my experience with each if it's helpful, but you'll have nothing to worry about any of them. :)

DJ - Space City Entertainment/Signature EvenTx
Originally, we booked with Space City (who have been AMAZING this entire time - Jonny was just fantastic with working with my husband and I), but since SCE had so many weddings that weekend, they referred Signature EvenTx to us. Everyone was talking about how amazing of a job they did! They played all of our songs (well, we changed the bouquet/gater toss songs like 3 days before but the list didn't get to Signature, which was ok, hubby and I didn't really mind), kept a good atmosphere going all night, and were always checking in with hubby and I about next events. It was easy, effortless, and I was just able to enjoy the night. :)

Florist - The Blooming Idea
Amanzing. Everything looked gorgeous setup, Mary is a doll and was so kind to us the entire time, and it was just easy to work with her. She also knew our coordinator well and it's always nice when coordinators sing praises about a vendor! But all the flowers were so fresh and beautifully wrapped and I LOVED my bouquet! About a month before the wedding, we switched to the Blooming Idea from Always Floral. Sabrina is so nice and helpful and her prices are great, but after completely forgetting about an appt we had scheduled with my Mom and I about a month before, and with my busy schedule, my Mom was extremely worried and told me she'd feel better going with the florist our coordinator knew well. I took the motherly advice I was receiving and without knowing what it would have been like with Always Floral, I'm still SO glad we went with The Blooming Idea.

Ceremony/Reception Venue - Augusta Pines
Ok ladies. If you're wanting elegance, AMAZING food (everyone got salad, rolls, a fruit/cheese platter, and each plate had filet, lemon chicken, mixed veggies and mashed potatoes - YUM!) a great coordinator, a beautiful setting, and all at a really reasonable price, PLEASE check out Augusta Pines in Spring. We looked at Ashton Gardens, Woodlands Marriott, La Tranquila, and a ton of other places in Spring but seriously, for what we paid, we got SO much more. They're a golf club, so they aren't solely dependent on weddings, which really helps cut costs. Susan is just wonderful, patient, kind... I could go on and on about her. She was so helpful all throughout the night, the servers were kind, the bartender was so helpful (at one point, my nerves were shot and when my MOH ran down to get a drink all she said is "bride needs a drink" and they remembered my favorite glass of wine!!) We've referred a few people there already and my gosh, I just am so in love with how great of a job they did. The entire day was flawless and I know I have an awesome coordinator to thank! Oh, AND we had the entire day to ourselves at the venue for vendors to setup, friends dropping off our dresses, getting ready, etc. and we never felt rushed for a single moment the whole day and night.

Cake - Virginia's Cakes
Best wedding cake I've ever had. Hands down. Virginia was great, easy to work with, kind, and my cake looked more gorgeous than I could have even imagined it! She does a lot of cakes too for my hubby's parents' church and everyone had been telling us to go with her - we're SO glad we did!!!

Photographer - Christopher Luby
Chris has been a friend of mine for a while actually, but does weddings around Houston and all over the states. He did our engagement photos, my bridals, and the wedding. What I love is how relaxed Chris is and how comfortable he made my hubby and I throughout all the photo sessions. I just wan't wait for the wedding pictures to come back!! To be honest, as much as I love him as a friend, I barely noticed him the entire night - it was so nice not feeling like I had a photographer in our face the entire time!!

Hair - Amine's Coiffures
Kevin's been doing my hair, my hubby's, and my entire family's for a few years now but he's just SO good at what he does. We got our hair done at their salon and he and his dad got 5 girls' hair done within about 2-2.5 hours. They are just SO good at what they do!

Makeup - Maquillage Beauty
Pamela was just wonderful! She was running a little behind from another wedding she had that morning, but somehow caught us up right on schedule! Her prices are fantastic for airbrush makeup (I got the $185 package for my bridal photos and wedding day and my bridesmaids only had to pay $50 for their makeup!) and she was so laid-back and easy going, it was nice on such a stressful day!

Videographer - As far as videographer, hubby bought a brand new HD camera the day before the wedding and had a friend hold it the entire time. It worked out perfect, saved us a bunch of money, and now we have a video camera! The only thing was the battery had died at some point during the reception (after toasts, thank God!) so if you go this route, make sure to learn from our mistake and buy an extra battery!

Honeymoon - Bookit.com
I actually hadn't heard of this website until a friend told me about it who was also getting married. I love the videos they had of each resort with guests' experiences - it was the video at one resort that sold us! :)

I think that's it.... PLEASE let me know if you guys have any questions! I know each girl has to choose whichever vendor is best for her but I remember the reviews helped me a lot. And I promise it's not all just cause I'm still on cloud 9.... :) EVERYONE kept telling me to prepare because something will for sure go wrong but with this lineup of vendors (and a perfect hubby!), my wedding day was effortless, flawless, and just all around perfect. Total dream come true :) I truly was able to sit back and enjoy our day and hope you ladies have the happiest day ever!

Re: I'M MARRIED!!! :D *vendor reviews* :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your wonderful wedding!! :D  Would love to see pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, great reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! thanks for the reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing your reviews.  W also went with The Blooming Idea instead of Always Floral/Sabrina... Sabrina's prices were great, but it was the comfort level that Francis with the Blooming Idea gave me that my FI said was worth the extra $$... Francis has also worked with all my venues and worked with my caterer...and they all know how each other works...
    ...23 more days!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sklink0486sklink0486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!!
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

This discussion has been closed.