Texas-Houston
Options

walking down the Isle question..

Hey all! I wanted to get some opinions..

Heres the deal- I have a dad & a step dad.  My dad has had some really rough spots these past 5 years ( I won't go into detail ) but, I still have a good relationship with him. My stepdad has been around for 10+ years and we have our squabbles but he has been there for us that long and I want to include both of them so they wouldnt feel left out. you know? I kind of feel like I dont want my step dad to be too involved( with the dad stuff) but at the same time I feel like he should be, so I think ive decided to have him involved but just trying to get things straight.

what I'm wondering about is, would it be weird/okay for them both to walk me down the Isle?

Also, I want to include them in the fauther/daughter dance, so should I do it maybe half the song with one and half a song with another? And if so, who should go first?last?

sorry this is a little long. TIA!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: walking down the Isle question..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It is more than ok to have both walk you down the aisle. This is about you and your family, not about wedding ettiquette. 

You can always do more than one father daughter dance, but I would make sure your dad gets the first one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Or you can have your stepdad walk you 1/2 way and have your dad walk you up to the altar.  However, it may be easier to just have them both walk you down. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I like minkeuwedding idea. Have your dad start you (since he is the reason for you being here), and then have your stepdad do the other half. It can symbolize the beginning of life (dad), middle of life (step dad), final (hubby). Corny huh, or you can jus have both!

KYPHILLY
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I a having both my dad and stepdad walk me down the isle. We will stop at my stepdads row, and he will hug me and sit down, then we will have my dad walk me up to the altar. Good Luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_walking-down-isle-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:feb9148a-beea-4934-b5d9-0c59d7ba57a5Post:761747c6-12b7-4fbe-b255-1cd967d9f630">Re: walking down the Isle question..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I a having both my dad and stepdad walk me down the isle. We will stop at my stepdads row, and he will hug me and sit down, then we will have my dad walk me up to the altar. Good Luck.
    Posted by bwhite0262[/QUOTE]

i like this idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Recent wedding I was at had this issue. Dad walked the first half. Stepdad walked the second. She did the father daughter dance with her dad. Then she did a dance with her stepdad, but then her stepdad cut out (on his own, without planning i think) and handed her over to her son.

Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my dad walk me down to the alter and my step dad was waiting with my husband.  Both my dad and step dad gave me away.  My step dad was too big of a part of my life for him not to help give me away.

I had 2 father daughter dances.  It went father daughter dance with my dad, then the mother son dance, then father daughter dance with my step dad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I were in your situation I would have both walk me down the isle together. And for the dance I would split it up between the two. OR you could ask them which they prefer. They might rather split the isle walk instead. You want them to feel comfortable too.  I was in the same boat as you and I really wanted them both to walk me down the isle. And like your situation, my stepdad had some rough spots and is still currently dealing with some stuff that only he can deal with. Now he won't be able to even come to my wedding or walk me down they isle and that is my biggest regret in my upcoming wedding. More than anything I would like to have them both walk me down the isle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards