Texas-Houston

Thanksgiving... nom nom nom

whats on the menu ladies? or what are the plans?

Re: Thanksgiving... nom nom nom

• akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So far, it looks like we are going to FI's dad and step-mom's house up by Austin until Friday. I fully intend to bring a pumpkin cheesecake because I love those lol.

What about you? What do you have going on?
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    I cook at my mom's in the morning and we have thanksgiving brunch, then FI and I take a nap lol. j/k.not really.

then we have dinner at his parents. :) I think we're suppose to bring pies and a ham?
  • edited December 2011
    Jason and I will spend Thanksgiving Day at my sister's house. Then he will go to his family's for dinner, but I will stay with mine - My sisters and I cook the entire meal. We don't usually eat until 7:00, which is unfortunately the same time as his family dinner. This is what we have done every year, so it will be interesting next year when we're actually married.

The menu is as traditional as it gets: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, green bean casserole, etc... I'm getting hungry thinking about it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cool ladies, well FI and I will go to my parents house first for Thanksgiving, spend time with them especially my aunt that'e here from Omaha, Nebraska.  We haven't seen her since February for my Mom's birthday. It's so much fun when she's here but after spending time there. Then it's off to my FI parent's house to watch the game and eat some more. Well I can't really eat since I had some teeth extracted this past Friday. So I'm on a soft food diet, literally.... LOL We will do the opposite for Christmas
  • tjw2011tjw2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, we plan on having the typical food: dressing, fried turkey, yams, dirty rice, mac and cheese, greens, rolls.  I'm making my FI a pecan pie.  Afterwards, we may visit with family if we aren't too full and lazy to move, LOL...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_thanksgiving-nom-nom-nom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:fed38ec7-3165-4dbe-9379-4ddc0bd82333Post:d89dabee-edf9-4808-b0e5-b5e8d8d33409">Re: Thanksgiving... nom nom nom</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cool ladies, well FI and I will go to my parents house first for Thanksgiving, spend time with them especially my aunt that'e here from Omaha, Nebraska.  We haven't seen her since February for my Mom's birthday. It's so much fun when she's here but after spending time there. Then it's off to my FI parent's house to watch the game and eat some more. Well I can't really eat since I had some teeth extracted this past Friday. So I'm on a soft food diet, literally.... LOL We will do the opposite for Christmas
    Posted by kbval0512[/QUOTE]

<div>I have an aunt that lives in Omaha too lol.</div>
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I are hosting Thanksgiving, only my immediate family is in town, so it will be a small group this year, but still making the full meal... turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, cranberries, pies, etc... and my mom is making a pork roast...Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We will be at FI's parents for thanksgiving. Everyone is in charge of bringing certain dishes. My job is to make the apple, pumpkin and buttermilk pie, also deviled eggs and sweet potatos.

So When I get off at noon I will be headed home to start baking.
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards