Rhode Island

Rehearsal dinners

How far out should I be planning it?  We are getting married in Newport this September and my FI's parents have offered to pay for it, we just need to pick the place.  It certainly does not have to be in Newport, but maybe somewhere close to it.  Any ideas for a good place?  Should I be callng around restaurants and getting more info?  I would not like to do it at our venue (Castle Hill)  it is really pricey, and I want that to just be for the wedding.  Any ideas would be much appreciated Smile

Re: Rehearsal dinners

• I am getting married in Newport in November and have already booked mine. It depends on how big and what you are looking for. We have about 25 people and wanted a private room...so we choose Sardellas. The food is fabulous and they had a number of room options. We also thought of Brick Alley Pub, KJ's and White Horse Tavern. All have yummy food, but Sardellas met our other requirements...such as gluten free pasta, kids menu options, and handicap accessible. Good Luck!
  • I'm getting married in May and we are also having our rehearsal at Sardella's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This might be a silly question... but who is really invited to the rehearsal dinner?  Of course our families and the wedding party, but that will be like 15 people.  I definitely need handicap access for FI's Dad. I will have to check out that place Sardella's you both mentioned.  I guess I need to get booking!  Oh, it would also be on a Wednesday since our wedding is on a Thursday, so I am sure I still have a little time.  I assume most people's are on a Friday night.
  • Shaina -- I'm not sure if you've had your details appointment yet, but you might want to wait on that before booking the rehearsal - we booked ours before hand and then found out we had to have the rehearsal at 3 at Castle Hill so we had to change our plans around (it really wasn't a huge deal, but if your details appointment is soon you may want to wait).  Also, your wedding is a thursday right? So that might make the rehearsal time more flexible for you! Just a thought to save you any headaches! :)
  • Who you invite is really up to personal preference, venue size, and budget. Some folks just do wedding party and family. Others open it up to anyone coming in from out of town. Have a heart to heart with you FILs to see what they're thinking since they're paying, then go from there.
    For locations, Sardella's is excellent! Also check out Atlantic Beach Club, Newport Harbor Hotel, upstairs in Buskers, or The Majestic. ABC has really great food, Newport Harbor Hotel is overlooking the harbor, Buskers is a laid back Irish Pub, and The Majestic is a huge power boat that has a full kitchen, dining tables, etc that's really fun and unique!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards