Rhode Island

attn bridesmaids: gift ideas for the bride!

The bridal shower for my friend is fast approaching and all of the maids are having a hard time organizing themselves.  
We don't want to spend too much on a gift but think it would be nice to do a unique joint gift from all of us.  We are a pretty crafty bunch too so DIY ideas are welcome!

What are some ideas you have, and what have you given/recieved in the past?

Re: attn bridesmaids: gift ideas for the bride!

• I am a bride now - but for one of my friends we actually purchased all her thank you cards and hand addressed the envelopes for her (since we had her guest list)

• My SIL (also BM) addressed and stamped thank you cards that she bought for me and gave that as her gift.  I also got a wine basket from all my BMs with little tags on them like 'First Fight' on Relax Riesling and a bottle of champagne that said 'Wedding Night' and other stuff which was fun :)  And I love wine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was at a shower and the bridesmaids all made up a tote bag of things shed need for the honeymoon. Travel size sunscreen, flip flops, magazines, cute sunglasses etc
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • LOVING the idea for the thank you cards...only thing is, the bride may have ordered matching thank you cards along with her invitations, so she may have them already.  I like the idea of the honeymoon bag as well, different and very thoughtful :) If you are all crafty, how about making up pages for a scrapbook for her...for photos from the shower itself and the bachelorette party(if there will be one)...you can each design a couple pages leaving spaces for her to place photos in afterwards...that way she has a scrapbook all ready to go for when she has some photos of these fun time with her "girls" before her wedding :)  Not only will she have a fantastic scrapbook to remember these times but it will be extra special knowing that her bridesmaids were the ones who designed it :)
  • Scrapbooks are a GREAT idea. I made one for a friend before her wedding commemorating her relationship with her man as I'd seen it develop, plus our relationship. She said it was the only gift she didn't put in storage during their big move following the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards