Rhode Island

Linden Place Fall/Winter Wedding

I'm thinking of booking at Linden Place for a November/December wedding, so I'll likely have to have the ceremony inside. My understanding is that they have the ceremony in the same place the reception will be so everyone leaves after the ceremony so the reception can be set up. I'm wondering where the cocktail hour will be. Has anyone had a cold weather wedding at Linden Place or been there at all to be able to tell if there is space to set up a bar and hors dourves while the ballroom is being changed over?

The information I got from Susan says that guests can roam the mansion while the ballroom is being converted, but that's not practical for cocktail hour.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Linden Place Fall/Winter Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Hello,

I am also thinking of booking the Linden Place at that time Nov/Dec.  Which year are you looking into? Hopefully we dont have the same date in mind!

I am meeting with her next weekend and will be asking that same question - so let me know if you hear anything and I will do the same!
  • edited December 2011
    I met with them and loved the place! I decided on April 27, 2013 because she sold me on how pretty the garden is in the spring time for the ceremony...hopefully it doesn't rain. We'll have our cocktail hour on the lawn and in the tent. I never did find out what would happen in cold weather when they are converting the ball room over...My caterer said they could convert the ballroom very quickly, so maybe guests could tour the mansion and then come back for drinks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dezirae143dezirae143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are the reasonable?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards