Rhode Island

Big & Tall Tuxedo Rental?

I got great advice here on where to shop for a plus sized gown, so hopefully I'll have the same luck with tux rental.  My fiancee is 6'7" and somewhat overweight.  It had been suggested to us to start with Mens Warehouse since they should have a large selection of sizes to try on.  Well, we were just there and were practically laughed at when I asked if he could try something on.  Since my fiancee doesn't have an average build, I want to make sure he gets  properly fitted and finds a style that flatters him.  Can anyone recommend a local tux shop where he can try on styles before committing to a rental?

Re: Big & Tall Tuxedo Rental?

• You can try Robert's Tuxedo on Route 1A in North Attleboro. That's where we went and we have 2 large men in our bridal party, they were able to fit their needs
  • It's not that MW wouldn't have been able to accomodate him, my issue is that they didn't carry samples in store that he could try on.  Thanks for the info, I will give Robert's a call and see if we can actually try things on there.
  • My fiance s 6'5". He went to MW. They had a jacket he could try on, but he had to  just be measured for the pants. Hes not too worried about them fitting. 
  • Robert's Tuxedo on Route 1A in North Attleboro is good.  They don't seem organized most of the time.  I have recommended a lot of my clients to go to MW.  The one in the Emerald Square mall is really bad.  DON'T go there.  A good MW to go to is Franklin, MA.  They use to have big and tall samples.  They are really good with fitting and have onsite tailors just in case so you don't really have anything to worry about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards