Rhode Island
Options

Indoor places for photos!

I'm getting married in 9 days and have yet to come up with a back up plan for rain! So far the weather says cloudy but hey it is New England and it will change.

Does anyone have any suggestions of nice places in Providence to take photos and what the costs are? Thanks ladies!

Re: Indoor places for photos!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding in December of next year in Providence so i have some indoor places lined up:

You can do the state house (not sure the cost - think about 100 dollars)
    You can do the Providence public library (they have an amazing marble staircase) that is what I am doing :)
    Here is the link to the library staircase rentals (25/hour) and at the left side you can see pictures of the rental spaces (library stiarcase at the end of the pics)

http://www.provlib.org/reserverent-facilities

Good luck!
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also Aldrich House in Providence and other historical properties in the area. I've also seen pictures of couples in downtown at Hote Providence/Aspire. I am not sure if there is a photography but definitely worth inquiring.
  • Options
    snowygreensnowygreen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was planning to take pictures inside the library, but I figured since it's a public place, we could go in no problem. Anyone done that or do you have reserve/pay?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

As I mentioned above - we had to reserve the library (if you want any of the areas listed- like the marble staircase). Not sure what would happen if you just showed up!  It is 25 an hour - so really its 50 dollars tops...not too bad..
  • Options
    OhkaylaOhkayla member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have contact information for the state house? I  can't seem to find a right contact for them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Kayla,

I found this link - has indoor and outdoor photo locations and contact info in Providence and newport.

Great info!

http://www.maineventweddings.com/shoot-locations.php

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards