Rhode Island

Block Island Bride Needs Wedding Advice!

Hi Everyone,
I'm in the midst of planning a June 2013 wedding and I'm having trouble choosing a venue. At the moment we're deciding between Spring House and 1661. Has anyone ever done a small-ish event at Spring House? We're probably 50-75 guests. 

What's your advice for making the most out of a BI wedding weekend? Where did your guests stay? Did you rent houses? 

Would love, love, love to hear any and all of your advice on putting together a wedding on the island. 

Thanks so much in advance!! :)

Re: Block Island Bride Needs Wedding Advice!

• My husband and I got married at the Spring House last September and it was a fantastic wedding. The food was outstanding and the location can't be beat. Plus compared to some of the other venues on BI, this one was very cost effective. Here's a peek: http://www.snapri.com/2012/10/18/shannon-marks-wedding-at-the-spring-house-block-island/

We planned everything from NYC but I was in touch with a ton of vendors that helped make our wedding day perfect. Happy to share notes/thoughts on the vendors and logistics but here is a list of our vendors in case you're interested:

Photography: SNAP Photography

Venue: The Spring House Hotel, Block Island, RI 

Florist: Sayles Livingston 

Ceremony Music: Nick Hinshaw

Music: DJ Pete O’Karma 

Wedding Dress: Romona Keveza via Kleinfelds

Suits: Men’s Warehouse

Ties: Ties.com

Dessert: Tip-C Cupcakes

Bride’s Jewelry: Kate Spade  

Bridesmaids’ Dresses: Alfred Sung via Bridesmaids.com 

Hair + Makeup: New Leaf Salon (Bristol, RI)

Favors: See’s Candies

• Was it difficult arranging for your flowers to be brought in from off island? I have seen some amazing arrangements by Sayles Livingston, but am concerned about cost effectiveness in comparison to an on-island florist. Any infrmation would be helpful. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards