Rhode Island
Options

Glen Manor Brides

Hello,

For anyone who has had a wedding at Glen Manor, have you had any luck extending your reception from 5 to 6 hours?  They seem pretty strict about the 5 hour max.

Also, if we settle on Glen Manor, we plan on using the outside covered terrace for some seating.  Has anyone had a wedding there in the rain?  Is the cover suitable for keeping the rain out?  No leaks?

Thanks for any info!

Re: Glen Manor Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a Glen Manor bride, but regarding your extending the reception, I just wanted to comment that most vendors will tell you 5 hours is plenty, your guests are ready to leave at the end of it. Plus extending means extending everyone. This may seem obvious, but this can incur quite an expense - photographer, music, photos, etc. Just something to consider.
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    CarissaLynn19CarissaLynn19 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice!  That is actually something we came to the realization of this weekend.  An extra hour means more $$ for everything!
  • Options
    lusciouslipslusciouslips member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm a Glen Manor bride and Katie and Russell Morin have no problem with me making the reception 6 hours instead of 5. I have until the end of April to decide if we need more time. It would cost a little more, but just wanted to let you know it is completely up to you. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards