Rhode Island
Options

Bellevue Productions/ Bob Manning Videographer?

Hello fellow brides or brides to be! :)

I am writing for your much needed help. I was married on the Cape in June 2009 and still have not received my final video from Bob Manning at Bellevue Productions. It is approaching TWO years since we have been married, still no video montage (final video). We have been beyond patient, very kind, but I am at the point now of hiring a lawyer any day now.

At the time, there had been reviews of the video taking normal than longer, which we were willing to wait for an excellent video...but still no final montage and am wondering how the quality will be when we recieve it...after the two year wait. I hope it can be up to par as I thought he did beautiful work - which is why we hired him. Has anyone else experienced this with him and if so, how are you handling? I am desperate and getting very sad this beautiful day will never be received on video for us :(  Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Re: Bellevue Productions/ Bob Manning Videographer?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard this vendor's name much at all, but found his FB page just now and there was a recent post of a highlight video on April 20th...
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bellevue-Productions/336208793477?ref=ts

That really sucks that it's been THAT long...something seems off. I'm sorry :(
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recall reading mix feedback from this vendor on The Knot board awhile ago. I looked him up and found the reviews on Yelp to be really bad. So sorry this happen to you. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We looked into Bellevue Productions for our wedding last September, but then didn't end up going with him because he never returned our calls for a face to face meeting.  Upon further research we saw that he had an F rating on the BBB and decided not to pursue him.  I'm really sorry to hear about your situation.  I think maybe you should contact a lawyer and pursue him that way.  It's probably your best chance of ever seeing your video.  That's just my opinion though.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I have been in touch with a lawyer...if anyone else is having issues with this, please contact me. It is just so disheartening to me we have to go about this way. I can't believe a vendor would just not return calls/emails for months at a time, nonetheless, potentially never send the final product (photos, videos, etc what have you). On a side note, all of my other vendors, were amazing! This was the most important to me because life is so precious and it was a way to preserve family memories. Thanks again for all of your support - legal route, here we come.
  • Options
    bostongirl31bostongirl31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Junebugbride,

My husband and I got married in 2006 and still have not received our video.  We have a lawyer and we have contacted the Attorney General Office in RI.  According to the Attorney General's Office they have been able to resolve all conflicts with this vendor. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that we eventually get our video.

• Options
    ldecarlo27ldecarlo27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have also experienced the same issue. I was married in September, 2009 and I still have not received my video montage. I have sent many emails, most with no response or a bogus "sorry i'm slow but still in progress" status. I don't expect to receive the montage and the full version was ok. I probably could have performed similar output with a video editing program on my computer. Nothing like the demo video he provided at the beginning. Hopefully others will read this and not choose him as their videographer.
  • Options
    saradragon2saradragon2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So apparently the term "resolving all conflicts with this vendor" has quite the odd meaning at the AG'S office in RI. Here is an idea, see if you can retrieve the footage. Pay him, court order him, anything really--just get the footage and call local vendors for help. I think other vendors would be willing to help you out and perhaps even to help Mr Manning  resolve the issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards