Rhode Island
Options

Oil painters?!

Hello everyone! does anyone know of an artist who can do an oil painting at my wedding reception. Have heard of it being done and I love the idea. Thanks!

Re: Oil painters?!

• Options
    Very unique idea Gina!!  So does the painter just have a setup in a corner and work off an oil canvas?  Or do you just give them a picture from the reception and they do it?

I just did some looking on Google and hadn't heard of this before so I was just curious. Thanks!
  • Options
    I remember seeing someone on the Boston board post about this a year or so ago but didn't save the vendor.  It is a great idea but I remember it being rather expensive.  I would good search live painters or post over there.  GL! 
  • Options
    Coopman41e yes they do just set up in the corner and paint what they see and it is just GORGEOUS especially the painting I saw in southern new England weddings mag. This persons work in particular was beautiful but unfortunately nothing noted in the mag about who it was by. But I will continue my hunt thank you for the reply :
  • Options
    RIfallbride thanks for your response I probably could have did one reply for both of you knotties but I'm new on this! Lol don't know how it works anyway yes it actually was from a Boston bride but she got married At one of the mansions in Newport I believe! They are expensive but I might just Make the splurge. Done right I think they are just an awsome timeless peice to have. I will search on the Boston boards thanks for your help! :
  • Options
    They are beautiful!  Let us know if you find someone, it is such a gorgeous keepsake that is unique. 
  • Options
    Yes that is the one! You can likely find reviews too.
  • Options
    Yes that is the one! You can likely find reviews too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards