Rhode Island

Del's Lemonade

has anyone looked into renting a dels cart? i thought i saw this info on the knot, searched and can't find anything?thought it might be a cool idea once we're done at the church especially if we're doing a little receiving line

Re: Del's Lemonade

• pmpkn219pmpkn219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think from past research someone said you have to contact the franchisee whose cart patrols the "territory" your location is in. And they kinda set their own prices.The central Del's HQ is in Cranston, # on their website. I think they tell you who runs the truck you're interested in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • emililieemililie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was SOOOO excited about this idea, then when we got in touch with the Del's in Wakefield (the territory for Narragansett), the guy starts talking about this cooler that we could borrow.  Um okay, if I'm only going to rent a cooler, I'll just make the Del's with the packets and save myself the money!  But I imagine your "territory" would be the Cranston location, and since they're the headquarters, I bet they'd do the actual cart.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I have the info on renting a Newport Creamery ice cream truck if you want it.  I thought the prices for that were reasonable.  We were going to do the same thing, but if it's chilly, ice cream isn't as awesome as say, hot chocolate.  :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kerac5kerac5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call the headquarters like pp said.  I had Dels at my church after ceremony.  There was no franchisee in my hometown, so the headquarters handled it-- I think it was $.85 per person plus a tip for the server that came.  They brought a cart and even had some pre-poured so it was distributed pretty quickly. Highly recommend.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have any info, but that is an awesome idea!  Let me know what you find out (although as jlsimon said...if it's a little chilly, Del's might not be so tempting)
  • I contacted the Rep for the Narragansett, RI area for a wedding in June 2014, the cart rental is $400 an hour. You would be charged more for a longer period of time. Dels suggest you use a cart during cocktail hour. There is also the option of purchasing Dels by the gallon for $25 per gallon and that includes cups and delivery to venue in Narragansett.  If you can supply a cooler, there would be no additional charge but if you use one of theirs there would be a $100 additional deposit which would be returned when cooler is returned. Im having 100 guests and the amount of lemonade would depend on your guests and how much the lemonade is used for mixed drinks...If you were to estimate one 9 oz cup per person, you would need 7 gallons (900 oz divided by 128 oz per gallon :-)  Hope this helps!
  • We used the Del's in Wakefield for pre-ceremony & after ceremony drinks this past June. It was great, our wedding was at the South Ferry Church and it was the hottest day ever. He brought the Del's cart and it was a hit! We had him for about an hour and a half it was so worth it! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards