Rhode Island
Options

shower location??

Hi ladies, I don't post here often, but I do lurk occasionally. I'm getting married on 10/9 at Alpine. But my question is not wedding related. I was put in charge of planning my MOH's baby shower. She did an amazing job on my bridal shower, and I want to give that back to her with her baby shower. I had a few ideas for places, however her mother is demanding that the baby shower be held somewhere in the northern RI area (Johnston, Smithfield, Lincoln, Cumberland...) b/c thats where the majority of her family is located. The only places I can think of are Luigi'sin Johnston or Cantina de Marco in Cumberland. Has anyone been to either one??? Or does anyone have any other recommendations. We're looking for a place w/ a private room that can accomodate about 50-60 people. Thanks in advance!!!

Re: shower location??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, The teachers at my school threw a joint bridal shower for me and two other soon-to-be brides at Luigi's.  My rehearsal dinner is scheduled there, too.  I like it because it is priced well, the food is good, and they have a private room available.  I know that when my MOH and mom were looking at places for my bridal shower, they checked in with the senior center at Deerfield Park in Smithfield.  Don't let the name "senior center" get in the way - it is well priced and there is a nice, large room for functions.  There is also the Portugese American Club on Stillwater Road in Smithfield.  It has been a few years since I have been to a function there, but it used to be a huge room that rented at a good price.  The Little Inn on rt. 44 has a private room, and so does Silvio's in Johnston.  GL 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had my bridal shower at Pizzico on Hope Street.  It was awesome.
  • Options
    hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower was at the Waterman Grille (the old gatehouse) I LOVED it...the room was beuatiful with long windows and a waterview!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I was going to suggest the place where Holly had hers!  I couldn't remember the name of it but the pics were spectacular!  Lovely place.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mary106mary106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not northern RI (or RI, at all) but what about the Johnson & Wales Inn in Seekonk? They have banquet rooms that are really nice, and the food is good. I went to a bridal shower there last year in a smaller room, and it was wonderful. GL with the planning!
  • Options
    KBARGLOWSKIKBARGLOWSKI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cantina de Marco is usually good for showers.I've been to Lugi's  for a first Communion and the food was good. Have you thought about 12 acres it is on rt 7 in Smithfield or  Kirkbrae Country Club is in Lincoln . Hope this helps
  • Options
    Em&MC2BEm&MC2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to a bridal shower at River Falls in Woonsocket that was really nice. There's also Angelo's in Cumberland. I believe Trattoria Romano (sp?) in Lincoln has a private room also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards