Rhode Island
Options

Charlie O's for Rehearsal Dinner????

I am getting married in July 2013 at the South County Museum in Narragansett and am trying to figure out where to have our rehearsal dinner.  Over the summer, my fiance and I checked out Charlie O's and we liked it but the manager told us to contact him come January to set up the details.  I'm just wondering if anyone has done their rehearsal dinner here.  Did it go well?  How did they craft the menu?  What was the cost?  I'm also looking into Mews Tavern and Turtle Soup.  I have heard Turtle Soup might have capacity restrictions.  I also contacted George's of Galilee but the menu seems a bit formal for what we are looking for.  I asked them if they could accomodate a more casual menu, but then got no response back from them.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Charlie O's for Rehearsal Dinner????

• Options
    The Mews is an old favorite of mine!  We're having our rehearsal dinner at The Coast Guard House because of size.  My FMIL really liked Spain and Trio but they didn't fit the number of our possible guests.  

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    <div>Fellow Outer Brougher marrying in RHODY!  Hello!</div><div>I grew up in Wakefield/South Kingstown/Narragansett and live in Brooklyn right now. Hopefully you find some of these comments helpful.</div><div>
    </div><div>Charlie O's used to be AWESOME, I used to work there. But they've gone downhill in the past few years now that they're not owned by Charlie anymore. My brother had his rehearsal dinner at Spain's. It's reasonably close to Charlie O's and has similar/really good food. Fish/ shellfish/ steak. I'm not sure how many people you're looking to invite. They have a rather large room available that they have Rehearsal dinners in. Also, George's is SO NOT formal. It's too bad the Coast Guard House suffered so much damage in Sandy, that might have been a good option. In my experience, the service at The Mews has been somewhat lacking. </div><div>
    </div><div>If I were you, I'd contact Arturro Joe's as well. Charlie, the previous owner of Charlie O's is starting a new restaurant. I'm not sure when it opens, but probably before July. Maybe keep tabs on that. It's in Wakefield. Where Casey's used to be.</div><div>
    </div><div>If I think of any other places, I'll let you know...</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_charlie-os-for-rehearsal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:129bdee8-c54c-4b75-bd36-1e9354176c0cPost:89b076e0-2f17-432b-8a11-7ebec3057e3b">Charlie O's for Rehearsal Dinner????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married in July 2013 at the South County Museum in Narragansett and am trying to figure out where to have our rehearsal dinner.  Over the summer, my fiance and I checked out Charlie O's and we liked it but the manager told us to contact him come January to set up the details.  I'm just wondering if anyone has done their rehearsal dinner here.  Did it go well?  How did they craft the menu?  What was the cost?  I'm also looking into Mews Tavern and Turtle Soup.  I have heard Turtle Soup might have capacity restrictions.  I also contacted George's of Galilee but the menu seems a bit formal for what we are looking for.  I asked them if they could accomodate a more casual menu, but then got no response back from them.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Posted by goobs712[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    What about Trattoria Romano? It's in South County Commons. It could be a bit fancy, but most places in South Kingstown/Narragansett aren't really that fancy.
  • Options
    We had ours at Coast Guard house on the outside deck to keep it less formal.
    I would say check it otu and see how you feel, personally I think the upstairs room is kind of dark...is that where it would be?

Also, I think turtle soup can only accomodate 20-25 guests. Tha'ts what they told me.

Trattoria doesn't have a private rroom.
    I would def. try Spain, auturo Joe's or even that italian place along ocean road (italian village or something?!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards