Rhode Island
Options

Newport fall summer 2013

Re: Newport fall summer 2013

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Hello~ Welcome to the board and congrats!

Some possible venues to consider 

The Meeting House, Tiverton, R.I 
    - Close to Little Compton
    - Rustic look and a historical venue
    - Requires outside catering but this does allow for flexibility

Linden Place, Bristol R.I 
    - Late fall rates (November) on a Friday and Sunday are budget friendly
    - Absolutely beautiful grounds with a historical venue
    - Require outside catering but this does allow for flexibility 

Bristol Habor Inn/Dewolf Tavern, Bristol R.I 
    - Overnight accommodations are available
    - Near the water
    - Delicious Food!

Herreshoff Marine Museum, Bristol R.I 
    - Right on the water! Very nautica type venue 
    - Unique venue generally off people's radar

Easton Beach Rotunda, Newport R.I
    - I got married here so I am a little bias but my budget for 200 people was just a little over 24k. Rates are really reasonable for Newport.
    - Get married RIGHT on the beach

There are also a few other venues, I know one knottie is getting married at Newport Beach Hotel and Suites so hopefully she can provide some more info. 

Finally my budget breakdown - what I did to save some moolah and what I splurged on for the big day. Let me know if you have any questions. I and the other knotties can also make suggestions on budget friendly vendors on here. 

• Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Moni- you are so awesome- that is a great quick quide.

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    Check out Bicentennial Farm, Little Compton RI.  I went to school with a couple that got married there, and their venue was beautiful and so rustic.

I'll send you the blog post if you want it - just PM me.

-Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • Options
    McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Moni - thank you for the link to your budget.  As I set out on the early stages of planning I am so totally overhwelmed by the options and the costs.  Seeing a realistic breakdown is so helpful! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you all! And I would love that blog post :) Thank you! I really would love to have a Saturday wedding, so I guess I'm going to have to get creative. Really aprpeciate all the input
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_wedding-and-budget-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:13a144ae-08f8-4f76-baee-6db14d2b8085Post:ea87b63a-a281-4c9f-8afe-1c15d8de270c">Re: Wedding and Budget Help please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Moni- you are so awesome- that is a great quick quide.
    Posted by i2012do[/QUOTE]

<div>lol thanks. Actually you guys are a wealth of info for me. I just regurgitate it. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_wedding-and-budget-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:13a144ae-08f8-4f76-baee-6db14d2b8085Post:52899d52-02bc-4fd3-8b6f-a9b3250002b3">Re: Wedding and Budget Help please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Moni - thank you for the link to your budget.  As I set out on the early stages of planning I am so totally overhwelmed by the options and the costs.  Seeing a realistic breakdown is so helpful! 
    Posted by McRogol[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>no problem, I know it helped me when I saw a real budget breakdown. Most often people don't like to reveal the cost of things so let me know if you need any help or need the nitty gritty details. :-)

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_wedding-and-budget-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:13a144ae-08f8-4f76-baee-6db14d2b8085Post:124360a8-07d1-46b1-b395-6ccd569ec0d3">Re: Wedding and Budget Help please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all! And I would love that blog post :) Thank you! I really would love to have a Saturday wedding, so I guess I'm going to have to get creative. Really aprpeciate all the input
    Posted by goldengirl321[/QUOTE]

<div>It is definitely do-able! If you heart is set on a Saturday night, go for it. You can always cut in other areas.</div>
  • Options
    For an officiant, you could use Pastor Steve Finlan, who will charge only $250-$300 including rehearsal, and is SO personal... He likes to meet with you several times prior and really make the ceremony tailored to you.  His email is:  sfinlan@bu.edu.

Good luck!
    -Claudia
  • Options
    Hi! We are also interested in Bicentenntial Farm. Could you please send me the info about where in Little Compton it is located and how to get in touch with the owner. Do you know anything about the cost or any other details? Much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards