Rhode Island

Bridesmaids dresses

Hello all!
  I'm getting married in Newport, RI in March 2013.  Wedding at Salve Regina University, the color is plum, and the reception is a beach club. 
Drum roll........
Long or short BM dresses?!?!?!?!?!

Re: Bridesmaids dresses

• tclopestclopes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Short! I'm getting married at Belle Mer in Newport on the water in September. Short dresses are more fun I think. I just found my BM dresses. Check out Jim Hjelm style #5002. It's A-line, sweetheart neckline with pockets. The girls really loved it and it looks flattering on all of them. They have some pretty purples too!
  • courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do long as March can still be pretty chilly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would ask your BMs for their opinions.  I know my girls all wanted short (I prefer short as well), but they are the ones wearing it.  If you don't have a preference yourself, I would say you can put it in their hands.  It is your day and when they agree to be a part of it, that comes with wearing what you pick, but it's always a nice gesture to your girls to give them a little say in what they are spending their money on and have to rock all day.  The more comfortable they are, the happier they will be!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I agree it's a really nice gesture, just be sure that you're ok with whatever answer they give! Also beware that if they're evenly split on long vs. short, whichever one you don't pick could cause some minor heartache. My advice would be to pick it for them, saves a lot of hurt feelings. Newport will DEFINITELY be chilly in March so if it were me I'd go for a long dress. But, you could make it more beach friendly by opting for like a chiffon cloth overlay, something that's more easy and breezy. That's what I did for my October Newport wedding and it was perfect! If I were a BM I would appreciate being warm! Maybe you could pick the length and color, but let them choose the top style? Like one could be strapless, one halter, etc. Just a thought. I know Alfred Angelo has lots of dresses like that where it's really two pieces, a skirt and a top, and you can mix and match.
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards