Rhode Island
Options

Booking Hotels!

I need other bride advice.  I am getting married next June and I know I am going to need to block rooms off.  However, when I look online for pricing, the hotels do not even have my dates open yet??? I have read that some have already blocked off rooms.  I am getting married in Newport and the reception is at the Newport Officers Club.  Can I get rooms ahead or do I need to wait till they are open online.  Someone help me lol I am trying to help my parents out as much as I can

Re: Booking Hotels!

• Options
    Usually hotels only allowed booking online 12 months out, but not all hotels are the same.  You'll actually want to call any hotels you are considering and speak with them directly.  Different hotels have different policies (# of rooms in block, etc.) for room blocks, but I'd call sooner rather than later to get them set up. 
  • Options
    I have two room blocks for my November wedding.  I had to wait until 11 months before the date because the rates weren't available.  I am using Newport Beach Hotel and Suites--they do require two night minimum for summer weddings, but Rachelle has been awesome to work with.  Then I used Comfort Inn and Suites--not sure if they require a two-night minimum for the summer. For the fall neither place is requiring a two night stay which is great.    Your best bet is to start calling hotels directly and see if you can set it up already.  Also, make sure you won't be on the hook for unbooked rooms and that you read the contract carefully so that they can't change the rates.  GL!
  • Options
    I would call the hotel that you are interested in and speak to them directly.You will be able to get a group rate and perhaps save more than online savings.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards