Rhode Island

What are the new "hot" wedding ideas???

Brides! I need your help!!

My BFF is getting married in September and asked me to be her MOH.  I'm hoping to bring her some "wow" ideas for her wedding reception.  When I was getting married 4 years ago, I found great things from this message board.  People are still talking about my flip flop basket because they had never seen it at the time.  So, tell me, what's are you doing that is neat and fun and will leave people talking about your reception?

TIA!

Re: What are the new "hot" wedding ideas???

• According to The Knot and reblogged by Couture Weddings, 2012 weddings are going in this direction. 

As for other trends, the past couple of years I have seen wed blogs favor eco/green, rustic or vintage weddings. The addition of photo booths, food truck catering, reception dresses, mix and match bridesmaid dresses and DIY personalize decor/projects are very popular. Budget conscience weddings as well as understated elegance are also big trends. Expensive traditional multi-tiered white cakes are getting a make over with more modern ones or being replaced with cupcakes and dessert bars. Favors are nixed. Super 8 video are making a comeback. Scaled back centerpieces and flowers. 
  • For a fun/different twist on the dessert/candy bar, we did a gourmet popcorn buffet at our October wedding! It was such a HUGE hit! I found a vendor online for the popcorn from Indiana and we got some awesome flavors: Beer Cheese, Peanut Butter and Milk chocolate (OMG....), Caramel, Orange (don't knock it til you try it - surprisingly good), and a few others. I wrangled up huge apothecary jars, had decorated ladels and scoops for each jar made on etsy, and voila! It was really fun and less expensive than the candy option. Thinking outside the box is awesome! I picked popcorn b/c I love popcorn, but you could help your bride think of her own fun buffet idea based on her or her groom's fav foods!
    Another trend is creating a cocktail especially for her reception. There are online companies who will help you do this if you'd like. You factor in wedding colors and/or themes, and preference for liquor and come up with a unique concoction and a fun name for it and have the wait staff serve it on trays during cocktail hour with the name displayed on a tent card.
    Using props in photos is fun. Like, "Thank You" to use in thank you cards. Or umbrellas or something else to spruce things up.
    Blue shoes! She could wear blue shoes as her "something blue". Or some brides choose to wear shoes that match the BM dresses.
    "Mr." and "Mrs." signs to hang on the back of their chairs at the reception. Another cute photo op!
    Scope out other ideas on etsy - I got so many cool ideas from there.
    I hope this gives your imagination some food for thought, and good luck! What a great MOH you are helping out like this!!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • candy bar/food buffets can never go wrong! cupcake tiers instead of just sliced cake are in now - that is what I am doing and I can't wait. creating a 'signature drink' is cool too - because is puts a personal touch to the wedding. definitely use the knot to look at pictures of other weddings!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards