Rhode Island
Options

Informal bridal dress during reception...

I have been reading posts that some girls put on another dress during or in the middle of the reception. I went to try on the sample dress last night to see how it fit. Mine is not in yet and it was snug about a month ago. It zipped and I am so excited, but still need to keep it up. When I was there, the store was having a huge Maggie Sittoro trunk show and I think it ends Saturday. I tried on a long, but informal dress which was very comfortable. I can get 10%off  if ordered by tomorrow and I think I am going to do this. As much as I love my first dress, I think it may be more comfortable changing a little into the reception. IThe trunk show is at the Wishing well and they had a ton of Maggie dresses. Also, if you change into the other dress, when is the appropriate time to do this? Thanks everyone!

Re: Informal bridal dress during reception...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a "reception" dress custom made but it's short so I am only changing into it at the end of the night for the last few dances. If your second dress is long I am sure you could change into it much earlier. You might want to stay in your more formal dress for all of the parent dances/cake cutting etc for the photos? I think it's really up to you, whenever you feel comfortable switching! :)
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on changing into my reception dress after dinner. It will be my last wardrobe change for the day, my 5th one actually and probably my most comfortable dress since it's knee length. I got it priscilla of boston sample sale.
  • Options
    Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I changed into my reception dress after all parent dances & dinner - right before we cut the cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards