Rhode Island
Options

The Chandler Inn Newport

I'm not a bride, but I was only a couple of years ago, and when I remember well wanting to know about various venues.  I'm sure the Chandler Inn of Newport is great for weddings.  But just don't count on their being organized or having good bookeeping.

I bought a $150 gift certificate only a year ago, and the receipient tried to redeem it recently.  The Chandler had no record of this gift certificate and then refused to honor it.  At the conclusion of the meal, this person, who had assumed a gift, had to pay $150+ dollars.

I'm completely embarrassed and outraged that after I paid $150 for the gift certt, he then paid $150 because the gift cert. was useless to him.

I'm in the process of having this resolved, and I'm insisting on having the Chandler send a check to the gift recipient promptly.  I'm outraged, and I find it scary that this place hosts weddings and receptions for top dollar.  Also, in the heat of the moment, customer service should have superseded any questionable internal issues. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards